- The National Incubation Center provides incubation to further the growth of startups across Pakistan, enabling them to Dream. Build and Rise.
- The NIC is a successful example of a public private partnership.
- Funded by Ignite -National Technology Fund and managed by Jazz through Teamup.
Why join NIC:
- If you are driven by passion and committed to furthering the Pakistani startups ecosystem, then the NIC is the place for you.
- The NIC aims to create a well-connected community of change-makers and disruptors who can work together to build a better tomorrow for Pakistan and the world.
- NIC is one of the most active spaces in Islamabad when it comes to startup, entrepreneurship, technology & learning new things.
- If you are looking to share your creativity, resourcefulness and professional network to build and influence an ecosystem by empowering individuals and institutions to generate a positive economic and social impact, then NIC is looking for you.
- NIC has a culture like none-other, driven by values & passion, always full of energy & color.
The experience we’re looking for
- 10 years of professional experience, with at-least 3 years in leading teams at a senior role.
- Must have experience of managing large projects, budgets, teams, different stakeholders and must be comfortable with using latest technology tools for productivity & collaboration.
- Our ideal candidate will have a strong network of investors, enablers, influences & experienced professionals across Corporate, Development & Public sectors that can facilitate our startups in scaling, including, but not limited to media relations & academic linkages.
- Experience and knowledge of startups & founders challenges and deeper understanding of Pakistan’s startup ecosystem is preferred. Any prior entrepreneurial experience shall also be preferred.
- Any experience of working outside Pakistan in a relevant field will also be preferred.
Minimum bachelor’s degree in business administration / Entrepreneurship / Project Management or relevant field from an accredited & reputable institution.
Master’s in project management or relevant field, an international qualification and PMP or relevant certification shall be a plus.
What the role requires
- Manage a cross-functional team, lead operations, execute the project deliverables and keep the team motivated & driven while doing so
- Delivering against short notices and timelines; executing with limited resources and thinking out of the box while ensuring high standards of quality service
- Maintain professional relationship with both; internal and external stakeholders, ensuring implementation of program goals, objectives and startup activities as outlined.
- Manage and initiate partnerships with existing and potential partners to support program quality, along with 1-1 mentoring sessions with startups and induction, onboarding and graduation of new startups
- Develop strategy to execute the vision of building a strong & successful ecosystem in Pakistan & with an eye for detail
- Expertise in program design, development, implementation along with a regular monitoring & evaluation of KPIs of startups.
- Develop and maintain relationships with investors, government bodies, donors and other relevant stakeholders in order to define a working relationship and explore potential funding and investment opportunities for the startups
- Identify, cultivate and solicit support of local incentive agreements which would benefit the startups for achieving their KPIs
- Program budgeting specific to domain of activity and its review for implementation/resource allocation.
- Research, plan and coordinate for developing and expanding entrepreneurial businesses and undertake data driven and evidence-based decisions
- Reporting and documentation development related to program and as required by the IGNITE/ICT R&D Fund with relevance to the RFP of NIC Project.
The skills you’ll have to demonstrate
- Strong leadership, decision-making and problem-solving skills. You should be persuasive and have strong negotiation skills, have the ability to work in multi-cultural learning environment and have a knack for innovation & continuous development to deliver quality results.
- Excellent verbal, non-verbal & written communication skills since selected candidate shall represent NIC at various national and international events / seminars.
- Empower, inspire & motivate the team to achieve while building their skills.
- Other skills you must be able to demonstrate include, but are not limited to: adaptability, intrinsic motivation, collaborative mindset, positive attitude, empathy, strong team-building skills and the ability to lead by example.