IT Technical project manager will be tasked with managing projects with top-down oversight from inception to completion. They must ensure that all projects adhere to the required standards of budget, timeline and scope. They must also develop project plans that meet client needs with company’s goals, and coordinate technical personnel throughout all stages of the project. Must be well organized, detail-oriented and work as a liaison between clients (USA), and local teams.
- Manage projects with top-down oversight throughout entire execution to ensure success as defined by adherence to standards of scope, budget, and timeline.
- Develop comprehensive project plans that merge customer requirements with company goals and coordinate various managers and IT/Technical personnel during all project phases, from initial development through implementation.
- Monitor project progress continuously and make detailed scheduled reports on measurable items, such as milestones and deliverables.
- Communicate proactively with all involved personnel to provide encouragement, identify problems, create solutions, and implement efficiency improvements.
- Analyze economics of project plans and provide actionable feedback relating to cost benefit and return-on-investment standards.
- Review proposed modifications on project plans, including meeting with interested parties to approve and implement beneficial changes.
- Oversee acquisition of resources and materials as needed before and during projects by talking with customers, team members, managers, and in-house accountants and negotiating price and payment agreements with vendors.
- Anticipate details of future projects by communicating directly with customers and staying informed of relevant trends and industry news.
Job Skills & Qualifications Required
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Extensive leadership experience and strong teaming abilities
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Minimum five years management experience in the IT field, including software development work and interactions with international clients / customers
- Adept at overseeing all facets of project lifecycle, including initiation and planning; change, risk, and issue management; and guiding QA teams.
- Outstanding communication skills. Able to successfully build strong working relationships with coworkers and clientele, while ensuring cooperation among company departments.
- Excellent multitasker; able to efficiently plan and prioritize projects.
- Strong IT/Technical and business management skills
- Knowledge of SCRUM is must.