Summary of Position
An international Non-Government working on Health Systems Strengthening and Service Delivery in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa to provide technical assistance mainly to the provincial Departments of Health (DOH) and Population Welfare (PWD).
Director Program position requires close coordination with provincial policy makers (Minister’s office, Planning Cell, DG Health office & HSRU) and the provincial program managers (MNCH, LHW, IHP, TB, others) which includes overseeing, managing and effectively coordinating program activities at the provincial and district levels. In addition, close coordination is also required with UN Agencies and other development partners. Director Program will keep a close liaison with health authorities (DHOs) for smooth execution of the project activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Ensure implementation of Annual Work Plan (AWP) activities and accomplishment of all quarterly targets according to the AWP.
· Liaise and coordinate closely with senior officials of DOH & PWD.
· Monitor and facilitate district level activities by IHSS-SD partners to ensure the smooth execution of the project
· Coordinate with PHSA and the designated hospital for the implementation of training program.
· Coordinate with district health authorities (DHOs) for establishing M&E cells in all districts of the province.
· Maintain appropriate documentation of various meetings, correspondence, and other material related to various project activities.
· Develop and maintain close coordination with provincial and district level health offices for changing institutional behavior through the use of information.
· Ensure Project leadership has sufficient project data for decision making and performance improvement.
· Maintain coordination with partners and facilitate them to ensure smooth information flow on a regular basis.
· Arrange, coordinate and facilitate meetings/appointments with the provincial authorities and partners working at the provincial level.
· Participate in meetings at the provincial and district level to present and explain organizational point of view and share progress with Islamabad office.
· Prepare quarterly reports related to project activities and ensure timely submission of these reports
· Oversee and supervise Peshawar office staff.
Qualification, Experience and Required Skills
· Medical Doctor with post-graduation degree in Public Health.
· Minimum of ten years of work experience in public health, preferably with an international organization.
· Experience working closely with the DOH, ex-FATA Health secretariat and coordinating with the private sector is required.
· Substantial experience in managing donor funded health programs within the government or with a donor.
· Excellent communication skills in order to deal with all levels of government and with development partners.
Proficient in computer skills and excellent professional report writing skills.