Insurance Agent Job Responsibilities:Provides service to clients' changing insurance needs by selling life, health, and disability insurance.
Insurance Agent Job Duties:
- Develops base for long-term sources of clients by using referrals, occupational, and special-interest groups to compile lists of prospects.
- Approaches potential clients by utilizing mailings and phone solicitation; making presentations to groups at company-sponsored gatherings; speaking publicly to community groups on the subject of financial well-being.
- Determines clients' particular needs and financial situations by scheduling fact-finding appointments; determining extent of present coverage and investments; ascertaining long-term goals.
- Developes a coordinated protection plan by calculating and quoting rates for immediate coverage action and long-term strategy implementation.
- Obtains underwriting approval by completing application for coverage.
- Completes coverage by delivering policy; planning future follow-up visits and evaluations of needs.
- Provides continuing service by providing direct deposit forms; processing changes in beneficiary and policy loan applications.
- Provides death benefits by delivering policy proceeds; reassessing client needs.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances insurance agency reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Insurance Agent Skills and Qualifications:Prospecting Skills, Meeting Sales Goals, Motivation for Sales, Selling to Customer Needs, Client Relationships, People Skills, Product Knowledge, General Math Skills, Organization, Dependability, Statistical Analysis