Kaptec are expanding their 24X7 Global Service Desk We are looking for suitable candidates who have prior service desk experience and willing to work to a shift pattern.
- Respond to all support requests in a prompt, professional and courteous manner
- Accountable for quality and efficiency aspects of each customer query, in line with customer expectations and SLAs
- Complete follow-on actions as appropriate
- Invoke escalation procedure both technical and non-technical in a prompt and timely manner
- Responsible for logging calls reported to the Service Desk via Telephone or Email
- Resolving 1st and 2nd line support calls, including AD Admin, Permissions, Application
- Support, etc, escalating to 3rd Parties where necessary
- Monitor incident and request progress against SLA targets, liaising with support groups and keeping customers informed of progress
- Quality check and close resolved support calls with agreement of customers
- Following IT procedures e.g. ITIL and strictly complying with our Policies as well as customers
- Produce Management Information as required by the Service Desk Manager
- Use remote access software to interrogate end user PCs to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues
- Be a central part of identifying improvement opportunities
- Appropriate second or third level IT qualification, or related area (appropriate equivalent/experience may also be considered)
- ITIL certified/trained an advantage
- At least 1-2 years’ experience in a technical support environment
- Experience working with MS Active Directory
- Good to excellent working knowledge of one or more current operating systems and one or more of Microsoft or other applications like MS Exchange, MS O365, MS Office, MS SQL.
- Working knowledge of network client installation, configuration and troubleshooting issues
- Confidence in interpreting these in order to troubleshoot customer issues
- A clear understanding of the dependencies between operating systems and/or driver versions and revisions, and an ability to provide customers with correct combinations in form of software fixes
- Excellent customer service skills; this includes language proficiency and communication skills, good writing skills.
- Ability to work independently and proactively
- Good problem-solving skills
- Good analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal and planning skills.
- Strongly team-focused
- Commitment to self-development and may assist in development of others
Additional Technical specific requirements:
- A suitable candidate must demonstrate good working knowledge of Server technologies and at least one of the operating systems used in Server environments. S/he is able to help customers produce hardware/software inventories or reports by relevant tools available and is confident in interpreting them in order to troubleshoot customer issues.
- S/he has an excellent working knowledge of network client and server installations, configurations and troubleshooting issues. Also understands network server roles and has administrator level understanding of at least one server operating system environment.
- S/he must be able to explain in detail at least two of the hardware categories and master at least one of the operating system environments listed below. S/he also has a good understanding of all of the following items, i.e. knows what they are and what they are used for.
- Clustering Technologies
- Industry Standard Servers
- RAID technologies
- Mass Storage and Backup Devices
- Multiple Network Interface Cards
- Ethernet and Token Ring topologies
- Local Area Network technologies
- Various High-Availability and
- Repeating Switching and Routing
- Remote Management Hardware
- Windows Server
- Windows 10
- MS Active Directory
- MS Group Policy
- VPN Technologies
- Anti-Virus Mgmt