As a purchase officer you will be required to verify, prepare and forward purchase orders. You will be responsible for verifying receipt of items and authorizing payment orders. You will be in charge of seeking out suppliers that will be able to effectively meet cost, margin and timely delivery requirements. Candidate must have his own motorcycle.
· Verifying purchase requisitions by comparing items requested to master list
· Forwarding available inventory items by verifying stock and scheduling delivery
· Preparing purchase orders by verifying specifications and price; obtaining recommendations from suppliers for substitute items; obtaining approval from requisitioning department
· Obtaining purchased items by forwarding orders to suppliers; monitoring and expediting orders
· Verifying receipt of items by comparing items received to items ordered; resolving shipments in error with suppliers
· Authorizing payment for purchases by forwarding receiving documentation
· Maintaining records of goods ordered and received
· Locating and contacting new vendors of materials, equipment or supplies to determine product availability and terms of sales.
· Controlling purchasing department budgets.
· Bachelor’s degree with Business Discipline and/or Supply Chain/Operations Management
· 5-10 years experience in Purchasing is required
· Excellent negotiation and communication skills
· Knowledge of the purchase/requisition process
· Detail oriented and organized
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as bill of materials, drawings, specification sheets and procurement manuals.
· Proficient in computer skills and spreadsheet software including Microsoft office, Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Word
· Excellent salary and fringe benefits
Karam Ceramics Limited is one of the leading companies in ceramics industry, dealing in wall & floor tiles and sanitaryware. Karam Ceramics is the only company which produces complete range of bathrooms under one roof. Karam Ceremics Limited is a public limited company listed on Karachi Stock Exchan ...Read More