Karandaaz Pakistan is looking for a dynamic mid-career professional for the position of Business Intelligence and Reporting Manager within its MEL Department. The ideal candidate should be a self-starter, have excellent report writing skills, be willing to multi-task and deliver against tight deadlines. The ideal candidate should have some experience of working in the banking sector as well as an understanding of development impact measurement and reporting. The Manager will be leading monitoring and evaluation activities across Karandaaz’s investment portfolio, digital finance, innovation challenge fund and knowledge management.
The position provides an opportunity to be part of an innovative double bottom line organization, seeking to make an impact in the financial inclusion space in Pakistan. By being part of a young organization, the Manager will be given opportunities to propose, implement and institutionalize new approaches to impact measurement and reporting, experiment with cutting edge models for development results and advise senior management on programme design.
Specifically, the staff will be required to:
- Proactively lead activities falling in the MEL domain, under guidance of Head ICF & MEL. At the Manager level, the staff is expected to contribute to strategic thinking within the team and contribute to strengthening of MEL function at Karandaaz.
- Review exiting portfolio of projects across workstreams, identify appropriate project-wise MEL activities and develop the annual MEL Plan accordingly.
- Design and execute project-level MEL activities with support from in-house resources as well as external consultants where required. Manager will quality assure services provided by third parties for MEL purposes.
- Lead performance monitoring for all Karandaaz work through appropriate M&E tools. These include data quality assessments, baseline studies, impact assessments and third party data verification exercises.
- Attain fluency in economic models used by Karandaaz to track development results of its credit and investment portfolio. Update the models with new investment data and generate reports for sponsors and the Board.
- Manage timely and accurate stakeholder reporting; collect, collate, and edit data and information for monthly, quarterly, annual, and other reports for sponsors and Karandaaz Board.
- Train other staff, and local partners where required, on key M&E concepts, tools, templates and processes.
- Commission and participate in research, data analysis and learning activities for Karandaaz to ensure that performance monitoring data and information contribute to Karandaaz technical teams’ learning and adaptive processes.
- Assist in coordinating across the different work streams of Karandaaz to ensure effective implementation of M&E;
- Undertake, as required and when possible, visits to project locations to collect data and/or oversee data collection efforts.
- Initiate and manage MEL related administrative functions such as MEL-related procurement, progress and financial reporting
- Coordinate and manage outsourced M&E consultants and firms to ensure timely submission of deliverables;
- Any other task as may be required by the supervisor for achievement of the desired results.
- The ideal candidate should have a combination of experience in the banking sector and monitoring and evaluation. Altogether, a minimum of six (6) years of professional experience in monitoring and evaluation and/or banking sector is required.
- Bachelor Degree required in Finance, Economics, Business, International Development or related field. Masters qualification preferred. Certifications in MEL highly desirable.
- Demonstrated experience of quantitative and qualitative research methods, including surveys and focus groups as well as report writing and data analytics
- Demonstrated experience of project management. Experience in donor-funded programmes is desirable, especially DFID.
- Strong organizational, communication, and analytical skills. The role requires attention to detail, multi-tasking and dealing with a diverse range of stakeholders. Strong inter-personal skills are required.
- Fluency in written and oral English is required. Proficiency in Excel and Word is a pre-requisite.
- Ability to travel to different locations in Pakistan, as required.
- Karandaaz is an equal opportunity employer. Women and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview.