The position is accountable for the accounting operations of the company, to include the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles or international financial reporting standards. Submission of accurate MIS Reports and Financial Accounts (Reconciliation of Bank, Stock, Debtors, Branches & Intercompany Accounts, Creditors etc., to ensure correctness and completeness of the Accounts
Skill required for job:
- Building highly effective team for accounting of day to day operations, with close supervision and guidance.
- Develop design and implement robust financial control systems to prevent revenue leakages, fraud, etc.,
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Oversee the operations of the accounting department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department's goals and objectives
- Oversee the accounting operations of sister companies, especially their control systems, transaction-processing operations, and policies and procedures
- Generating Daily, Weekly and Monthly Reports on all key drivers for effective control & Management Analysis of Sales, Production Efficiency, Inventory, Debtors, Product Costing & Product Profitability.
- Ensure that accounts payable are paid in a timely manner
- Ensure that all reasonable discounts are taken on accounts payable
- Ensure that accounts receivable are collected promptly
- Process payroll in a timely manner
- Ensure that periodic bank reconciliations are completed
- Ensure that required debt payments are made on a timely basis
- Maintain the chart of accounts
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
- Manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
- Provide for a system of management cost reports
- Provide financial analyses as needed, in particular for capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations
- Comply with government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions
Other financial and administrative responsibilities that will be delegated from time to time by the Management
Progressively responsible experience for a major company or division of a large corporation
- Should be excellent in maintaining reliable up to date accounts with correctness and completeness in mind.
- Good communication, strong flair and good grip on numbers.
- Hard working and patience to get things done and verify before reporting.
- Good knowledge on Accounting Packages and able to handle individually and trouble shoot.
- Good knowledge of IT systems / office automation hardware & software
- Should be a hard core Task Master with attention to the details and bring ownership in the job.
- Should be willing to work with more broad horizons of his functions and willing to learn and make himself compatible to the environment
- Above all, a self-starter and able to deliver with little or no supervision.