We are looking for a Big Data Engineer with experience of big data ecosystems to work with our clients to help them become data driven organisations where data engineers can play a key role by leveraging in designing and unlocking their data architecture. As an engineer you will analyse client’s data strategies and build the data environments to allow them to achieve these objectives. You will also create a data processing pipeline that may involve data ingestion and data storage. Data manipulation may also be required in Spark, Hive or Kafka. Working with Architects, you will also advise on various solutions both in design and integration, respect methodologies and improvements on the architecture, which will help to improve software and DB development.
Some key technologies you can look forward to working with:
- Hadoop ecosystem. For example Cloudera, Hortonworks, Apache Spark, Kafka, Hive and Pig, among others.
- NoSQL technologies including Cassandra, HBase and MongoDB
- AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform
This opportunity is open to candidates who either already have a background in Data Engineering and would like to continue to grow in this domain, or to anyone who has a good understanding of Business Intelligence (ETL, data warehousing, data visualisation) and wants to take their first step into this rapidly evolving domain.
The successful candidate must have the following:
- 5+ years of professional experience either in Big Data, Data Engineering or Business Intelligence. This might include ETL, data warehousing or data visualisation.
- Commercial solution architecture experience in Big Data technologies and environments such as Spark, Hadoop, Kafka, AWS, Microsoft Azure and GCP.
- A good understanding and preferably some professional experience in programming in languages such as Python, Scala or Java.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are a must, as well as the ability to lead effectively across internal and external organizations and virtual teams.
- Deep understanding of MPP & NoSQL databases
- Hands on experience of working in Linux including Kerberos, Multihoming and DNS
- Ability to work on large scale and complex projects for customers in a variety of industries
- A knowledge of both Agile and Scrum methodologies
What we offer
Keyrus offers a working environment and projects that attract the best people working in business intelligence, data analytics and performance management. Working on diverse and challenging projects, you will have the opportunity to develop multi-disciplinary IT/business skills to help you build a strong career path.You will receive a training budget to support and sustain your skills and an attractive salary package.