• Responsible for operating the boiler, observe and interpret readings on gauges, meters, and charts registering various aspects of boiler operation to ensure that boilers are operating properly according to the set criterion temperature.
• Manage Boiler and Oil Heater Fuel; ensure issuance of fuel from Stock yard. • Maintain Safety limits for boilers operation such as water level in boiler, back pressure and overhead oil temperature and level and to ensure its compliance with mandated safety codes.
• Fulfill the Requirement of fire wood for boiler and also ensure that it is properly covered and safe from rain so that moisture effect due to rain may be minimized and wastage will be reduced /controlled.
• Enforcing safety standards around the boiler in order to avoid any hazardous incident and perform a leading role in the availability of the fire extinguishment when needed.
• Make proper SOP’s regarding safety of the boiler and update Operational SOP’s as well. Also ensure SOP compliance by boiler staff and contractor staff as well.
• Responsible for maintaining logs of operation and production, maintenance, and safety activities, including test results, instrument readings, and details of equipment malfunctions and maintenance work