Under limited supervision, performs network administration & planning for all aspects of IT network infrastructure to include network equipment, servers, and software applications, etc.
Brings in reliable, durable, and cost-effective solutions for all IT related needs.
Works under the direction of the Network Administrator; this position requires excellent technical, customer service, and organizational skills to support network operations for customer connections, administrative personnel, and staff.
Ability to function successfully in both team and independent work environments.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluate, test, and deploy all software and hardware upgrades to the networking infrastructure.
- Assist in the configuration and deployment of core and peripheral network devices, which will require continuous learning of new devices (i.e., switches, routers, etc.)
- Proactive monitoring of all network devices, services, and servers using a combination of tools to ensure high availability and SLA’s.
- Collect and review network utilization data for capacity and planning purposes.
- Assist in developing, implementing, testing, and maintaining disaster recovery plans.
- Manage & troubleshoot network and Internet connectivity throughout the organization.
- Work closely with fellow tech team members to provide end-user support and issue resolution.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of emerging tools and technologies.
- Research, evaluate and recommend technologies to support business requirements.
- Rigorously create and maintain documentation for all processes and procedures.
- Collaborate with and support the work of other staff engaged in similar functions
- Perform other duties as assigned.