A knowledge management specialist should be able to build collaborative environments, transform organization into rapid-learning environments, develop innovative ways of doing knowledge mapping and create a proper KM vision for their company, including a strategy for getting there.
The KM specialist needs to have a think outside the box attitude whilst using traditional and digital learning approaches to develop and implement innovative, creative, and effective ways to strategically capture and share technical knowledge, leverage good practices, and improve the effectiveness of our development programs.
A KM specialist is a person who can work on several levels of the company, with several levels of requirements. This involves updating and maintaining knowledge bases, taking part in the knowledge sharing policy elaboration and, of course, contributing to building a shared mindset and understanding of knowledge management. Some of its key and general requirements include:
The KM specialist is generally responsible for the following:
· Formulating a knowledge management strategy, implementing knowledge initiatives, and developing knowledge products
· Handling a company’s knowledge management operations
· Influencing change in the organization
· Properly managing the knowledge management staff
· Coordinating all internal communication.
· Conducting TNAs.
· Professional training and orientation for staff.
· Career development and internal growth advice for staff.
· Grievance management.
· Managing team building events.
· Networking with other organizations to strengthen and improve organizational performance.
· Facilitation in performance appraisal process.
Document and share learning – ensure requirements, lessons learned, and best practices for knowledge management activities are clear and documented.
· Any other task assigned by the supervisor
Some of the tasks that KM specialists are usually responsible for are:
· designing and implementing effective learning activities,
· managing knowledge-sharing events,
· identifying and curating technical website content,
· managing website community engagement,
· documenting and sharing learning or engaging partners and learning champions
· Maintain highest standards of honesty and integrity in all disciplines.
Excellent facilitation, program/activity management, and written and oral communication skills
· The Candidate must have a bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management or other relevant discipline.
· 2+ years prior experience in similar field.
· Must have 1+ years’ experience of content writing (full time or free lance)
· Understanding of main social media channels including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
· Must possess exceptional writing skills and be able to compose engaging and accurate content.
· Strong time management skills and the ability to multi-task simultaneously.
· Understanding of communications, public relations, and marketing best practices.
· Ability to think strategically and out of box to overcome challenges.
· Must be resourceful and take initiative even when given minimal directio