KnowledgeArc are seeking a front-end developer with strong Bootstrap and SCSS skills to join our development team.The right candidate will have excellent knowledge of both traditional HTML and CSS as well as expertise in Bootstrap (preferably 3 and 4) and SCSS. Preferred knowledge in the following is required:
- Well structured SCSS using semantic naming,
- The ability to re-use SCSS via mixins and other mechanisms,
- Work with other libraries such as font awesome,
- Be open to code reviews and be able to iterate on the code you develop,
- Strong knowledge of HTML5 elements and semantic HTML layout and structure,
- The ability to develop bootstrap-based integrations for all view ports (mobile, desktop, laptop, print),
- Have a working knowledge of Git, in particular Gitlab.
We are also seeking someone with the following attributes:
- Attention to detail
- Willingness to learn
- The ability work with various technologies that implement Bootstrap such as Joomla, Wordpress and DSpace (you don't need to know these technologies but you do need a willingness to learn them and be able to pick them up quickly)
- Both a team player but also have the ability to work alone,
- Self-motivated with the ability to deliver in a timely manner.
The following skills are desirable but not necessary:
You will be required to meet our coding standards; code will be rejected and you will need to review if it does not meet our requirements.We are looking to build a relationship with a coder who wants to develop open source systems and there may be scope for meeting with our existing team lead in person. We are not interested in working with an agency; if you are an agency we will reject your application immediately.In the first instance we will assign single tasks as milestones. We are open to discussing the price of each task but in most cases we will price them correctly. If this works out longer term, we would like to work with with the right candidate on a monthly rate so there is scope for this project to be much bigger.
You will be asked to answer the following questions when submitting a proposal:
Location is remote working, but it was required to put something