As a Hypercasual Game Designer you have a talent to create fun, exciting game experiences for our players. You're experienced in different areas of design and have worked specifically designing hypercasual games.You can either work REMOTELY or in our Leamington Spa office surrounded by a great bunch of people!What you tell your friends you do“My mission is that you enjoy our games so much, that you won’t be able to stop playing!”What you will really be doing
- Working as part of the design team, taking responsibility for multiple mobile game projects, creating game design documents, diagrams and flowcharts.
- Designing compelling game mechanics using modern mobile design principles.
- Creating, balancing and tuning game mechanics, game difficulty and UI flow.
- Creating levels and additional content using Unity, for new and existing games.
- Evolving and adapting game designs based on play testing, feedback and live metrics.
- Driving long term player engagement by understanding mobile players needs and motivations.
How you will be doing this
- You’ll be part of an agile, multidisciplinary and creative team and work closely with them to ensure the best results.
- You'll think creatively and be motivated by challenges and constantly striving for the best.
- You’ll work with cutting edge technology, if you need software or hardware to get the job done efficiently, you can get it. We even have a robot!
Skills and requirements
- A minimum of 2 years experience in a game design role with at least one published game.
- Experience creating hypercasual games.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of mobile free-to-play game monetisation and advertising techniques.
- Ability to work creatively in a demanding team environment.
- Absolute passion for playing and making video games, especially mobile games.
- Strong creative ideas and imagination, able to entertain players with challenges, humour, surprises and fun.
- Positive attitude, self driven able to work alone or as part of a team.
- Unity experience.
- Creative writing skills.
- Coding/prototyping skills.
- Experience of mobile game live ops, A/B testing, and telemetry.
- Knowledge of mobile game market, trends, competition, platforms and app stores.