UK’s leading translation and interpretation company EMPIRE GROUP PK is looking for Database Administrator (DBA).
The candidate will be responsible for the performance, integrity and security of a database.
You'll be involved in the planning and development of the database, as well as in troubleshooting any issues.
Also transform the data for various reporting and migration needs.
- Install and maintain the performance of database servers.
- Develop processes for optimizing database security.
- Set and maintain database standards.
- Create and manage database reports, visualizations, and dashboards.
- Create and manage data warehouses for custom reports via third party APIs like Power BI, Holistics, Metabase, Mode Analytics
- Must guarantee that data is stored securely and optimally
- Manage database access.
- Performance tuning of database systems.
- Install, upgrade, and manage database applications.
- Use high-speed transaction recovery techniques and backup data
- Minimize database downtime and manage parameters to provide fast query responses
- Diagnose and troubleshoot database errors/queries.
- Recommend and implement emerging database technologies.
- Create automation for repeating database tasks.
- Strong command of SQL and SQL server tools
- Advanced knowledge of database security, backup and recovery, and performance monitoring standards
- Understanding of relational and dimensional data modeling
- Familiarity with SSAS, SSIS, SSRS
- Strong mathematical and statistical knowledge
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field
- Three to five years of experience in database administration, information technology, database architecture, or a related field
- Proven working experience as a Database Administrator
- Hands-on experience with database standards and end user applications
- Excellent knowledge of data backup, recovery, security, integrity and SQL
- Familiarity with database design, documentation and coding
- MCSE/MCSA certifications preferred
- Experience with Windows(required) and Linux(optional) Server environments
- Extensive experience with database technologies (MS SQL required) - (MySQL, PostgreSQL Oracle, MongoDB optional)
- Experience with cloud services (AWS, Microsoft Azure) a plus