The Social Mobilizer has the responsibility of ensuring participation of beneficiary in all phases of project implementation. They are required to visit their designated areas in order to assist people and raise awareness on the importance of the desired Project.
The specific duties and responsibilities of Social Mobilizers include:
A. Mobilization and Organization of the beneficiary communities.
1. Receive training on the project concept and approach to the community mobilization.
2. Contact the opinion leaders in the communities to establish early rapport and to provide overall orientation of the project.
3. With the support of opinion leaders mobilize, interact and dialogue with individuals representing beneficiary for the organization of community for development.
4. Provide orientation training to the members of community to raise awareness about the project
5. Facilitate small and large community meetings to encourage discussions.
B. Obtaining information related to the beneficiary communities
1. Obtain community data necessary for preparing community profiles as per the standard “Community Profile” format of the project.
2. Conduct baseline survey of the beneficiaries to establish baseline data of the community on some key indicators to measure impact of the projects.
3. Provide necessary reporting inputs to the monitoring and evaluation officer as per the standard monitoring formats on regular basis.
C. Reporting and Linkages
1. Assist Program Manager in development of a clear work plan for the community mobilization activities of the projects with the aim to complete the activities within the time frame of the project.
2. Ensure field-testing of the various phase of social mobilization materials as they are developed and provide feedback.
3. Capture success stories and lessons learned in each phase of program implementation.
4. Prepare monthly and quarterly report on standard, monthly reporting formats.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
Any other Duty or task assigned by the Supervisor.