For our development hub in Lahore, we are looking for a great Senior Ruby on Rails Developer to join our team and lead a product team to build new products and work on existing processes. You will be part of a range of workstreams from improving existing server and operation processes over translating functional requirements to code to developing new products from scratch. To be both successful and have fun in this position, you have to be a team player with both a strong background in Ruby on Rails development and a creative mindset.
- Develop new products and applications
- Improve existing engineering and server operation processes
- Translate functional requirements to code
- Lead small team of developers, including recruiting and teaching Junior Developers
- Identify scaling bottlenecks and propose solutions
- Enhance testability of our applications and APIs
- Give technical feedback on early concepts
- Develop and maintain best practices across the products
- Analyze and resolve technical and application problems
- Research, benchmark, and evaluate new technologies
- Maintain git & svn repositories across multiple threads
- Ruby on Rails - You need to have worked with RoR over many product cycles to know the best practices. You should be aware of the way RoR framework evolved over the last couple of years.
- Software design patterns - You should have honed your problem solving skills by mastering software design patterns. Like a skillful tactician, know what strategy is suitable for its relevant contexts.
- Knowledge of IONIC and Firebase database will be a huge bonus.
- Passion for product development - Yes, we love building products, show us what you have built with your blood & sweat.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Knowledge of AWS is a plus
- Fluent in English (expect lots of direct communication)
- We love innovation and new technologies
- We exclusively work on exciting products in which we honestly believe
- We believe in working with outstanding people and giving them great opportunities they deserve
- Our culture is creative and results-driven
- We believe in flat hierarchies; everybody is encouraged to bring in his or her opinion and
- Be entrepreneurial and challenge our thoughts, or present us your own ideas - we will be happy to discuss how we can make it happen