We are seeking a creative iPhone & Android mobile application developer who thinks outside the box and can push the limit at times! We are looking for someone who’s as passionate as we are about mobile apps for the IOS & Android platforms and has a seriously badass portfolio to prove it
You will be involved in every step of the development process, from brainstorming product idea, to pushing apps out the door, you will also contribute to our existing portfolio of mobile apps and will help to maintain these apps to ensure they continue to function flawlessly across new Android & IOS releases.
- At least 2 years of in-depth, recent Android mobile app development using the Android SDK. NOTE: Phonegap/Cordova, Titanium, or other technologies are not an acceptable substitute for native SDK experience.
- Bonus points for experience in RxJava, BLE, IoT, Kotlin, embedded Android.
- Available to work onsite at our downtown Portland office 30-40 hours a week, some remote work allowed.
- Able to deliver results on time, and take responsibility for a project's successful outcome.
- Attention to detail, strong work ethic, and a positive mental attitude.
- Experience collaborating with senior developers, project managers, and designers in a fast-paced environment with little supervision.
- Professional, open-minded, and team-oriented personality.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience working with and connecting to APIs and other back end systems.
- Great at technical problem-solving.
- Experience with git and source control branching, and familiarity with online project management/issue tracking tools.
- Able to provide realistic estimates and meet timelines.
- Familiarity with Scrum and agile project methodologies.
The job responsibilities for the Android Developer include:
- Designing and building advanced applications for the Android platform.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features.
- Working with outside data sources, SDKs, and APIs.
- Unit-testing code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
- Working on bug fixing and improving application performance.
- Continuously discovering, evaluating IOSg, and implementing new technologies to maximize development efficiencyFor IOS
- Strong knowledge of Swift (2-4) and Objective-C languages
- Deep understanding of Cocoa, Cocoa Touch and other Apple Frameworks
- Deep understanding of UIKit Experience with creating dynamic layouts (iPhone SE - iPad Pro)
- Experience with Xcode Instruments
- Experience with data persistence (Core Data or Similar)
- Experience using RESTful web services using JSON
- Experience with releasing and maintaining apps in the app store (Send us your links)
- Experience with TestFlight and beta builds
- Experience with Git Understanding of ARC and retain cycles
- Unit testing
- Personal apps in the app store
- Experience with AFNetworking, AlamoFire, ObjectMapper or similar
- Core Bluetooth or similar
- Contributions to open source
- React Native (will be a huge plus Point)
- Self-directed learner - ability to pick up new technology/framework/skillsets/etc
- Ability to work alone or as part of a group
- Excellent Communication Skills