Assessment, Programme Design and Planning
· Working in close coordination with District Coordinator KP, APM and MEAL team to ensure routine project related assessments are executed and monthly quarterly and final reports are submitted timely and implementation and exit strategies are developed.
· Assist AO/Country Office in the development, revision and implementation of program plans and ensures these plans fall within the organization strategic dimensions.
· Coordinate the development of all project implementation plans and budgets within the framework of the agreed programme and strategy.
· Assist and advise the Head of Programmes securing donor funding in the project implementation area
· Oversee project design and proposal preparations for institutional and public funding in accordance with the organiztion practice.
· Maintain ongoing surveillance of the developing humanitarian emergency situation and adjust activities accordingly;
· Ensure adequate monitoring and reporting framework in place and quality standards are observed, followed and institutionalized at management, administration and operational levels;
· Ensure that different sectoral activities are implemented in a coordinated and cohesive manner.
· Ensure organization activities are carried out in accordance with the Sphere Minimum Standards and Humanitarian Charter in disaster response
General Management and Leadership
· Ensure organization member and mission are fully briefed on all aspects of security, social and cultural norms and local conditions and behaviour;
· Establish and maintain constructive working relationships with other NGO’s, UN agencies, provincial and local government, bilateral and multilateral donors, and other principle stakeholders including the military where present;
· Create the conditions to ensure effective teamwork and morale.
· Ensure all project staff understand and carry out their duties in accordance with humanitarian principles, core values, International Code and SPHERE.
· Conduct performance appraisals of project staff and ensure regular feedback and mentoring on individual performance;
· Ensure the Area Management and are kept informed about assessment progress, emergency response implementation and strategies, project plans, progress reports, and other significant developments.
Public Relations / Media
· Support the PR/Media team in the development of constructive working relationships with media representatives to build international and public profile and ensure positive coverage and the timely provision of situation reports and fundraising material to organization.
Safety and Security
· Ensure all personnel understand individual and collective responsibilities for safety and security;
· Liaise with the local Security Officer to ensure compliance with Security Guidelines and their effective application in the local context;
· Monitor the operational environment with respect to increased level of threat and advise the Country Office and Security Officer/Security Focal person.
· Determine and install the appropriate communications means to meet operational and security requirements;
· Ensure that administrative support functions are established and maintained in accordance with administrative policies and procedures;
· Ensure compliance with country legal, contractual, labour and statutory requirements.
Financial Management and Planning
· Ensure with the Finance Officer the establishment and maintenance of financial management and accounting systems for all assessment and response activities and assets.
· Coordinate mobilisation of financial resources related to activities.
· Ensure with the Logistics Officer the establishment and maintenance of a functional procurement and supply chain management system as per procurement guidelines;
Ensure with the Logistics Officer the timely and appropriate establishment of all logistics infrastructure (warehousing / transport / distribution) and associated operating / management /monitoring systems
Leading Development Organization
Leading Development Organization