· Ensure availability of safe & clean drinking/ irrigation water in targeted communities in line with WHO standards for the protection of public health.
· Identify the water sources (supply schemes, wells, springs, ponds, etc.) available in the community
· Conduct water quality testing of sources and analyze findings for improving the quality of water.
· Establishment /maintaintenance Appropriate water quality instruments/Consumables in water testing laboratory at field offices.
· Development of WSP (Water Safety plans) for the assigned water supply schemes as per project need.
· Exercise corrective measure (water treatment) for purification of water at source by ensuring safety standards
· Ensure regular monitoring of water (post treatment) & treatment facilities to minimize the risks to public health
· Ensure to deal with waste water issues and its possible local solution for the communities organization deal with
· Conduct Environmental impact assessment (pre & post implementation) and devise mitigation strategies i.e. to avoid natural / manmade hazards (salt range, graveyard etc) that can risk human life & ensure safety to environmental protection accordingly.
· Conduct awareness sessions for communities on management of waste water and how to deal with contamination, desalination, disinfection & other issues that cause risks to human health (water borne diseases).
· Capacity building of communities on water treatment at house hold level
· Preparation of weekly / monthly work plans against PMT (performance measured time frame) by ensuring timely completion of assigned tasks in stipulated time period.
· Coordinate with all stakeholders and specially community activists, COs, VOs, public health department and beneficiary households on water quality related issues
· Use del-aqua kit & other technical equipment’s for water quality testing and carry out trouble shooting of the equipment as & when needed.
· In place contingency plan to deal with external factors affecting or may affect the field activities
· Maintenance of record (hard & soft) that includes but not limited to daily field visit reports, Water Quality testing reports, monitoring reports, pictorial progress & other documentation.
· Preparation of daily, weekly, monthly and other progress reports for management’s info.
· Ensure proper filling of forms & formats as per desired standard
· Extend support to MEAL / MIS / Communications staff for gathering desired information.
· Ensure availability of up to date info in MIS on regular basis with consultation of MIS / M&E.
· Close coordination with line manager for effective implementation of project activities.