We are looking for a Java developer responsible for building Java applications. This includes anything between complex groups of back-end services and their client-end (desktop and mobile) counterparts. Your primary responsibility will be to design and develop these applications, and to coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the infrastructure. Thus, a commitment in collaborative problem solving, development in sophisticated designs, and product quality is essential.
Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Java code
· Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the applications
· Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
· Help maintain code quality, organization, and automation.
· Proficient in Java, with a good knowledge of its ecosystems
· Solid understanding of object-oriented programming
· Familiar with various design and architectural patterns
· Skill for writing reusable Java libraries
· Knowledge of concurrency patterns in Java
· Experience with Spring MVC.
· Good Understanding of Websockets.
· Experience with caching databases like Redis.
· Understanding of video streaming servers is a plus.
· Familiarity with concepts of MVC, JDBC, and RESTful
· Knack for writing clean, readable Java code
· Experience with both external and embedded databases
· Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
· Basic understanding of the class loading mechanism in Java
· Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
· Basic understanding of JVM, its limitations, weaknesses, and workarounds
· Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
· Excellent knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL and ORM technologies (JPA2, Hibernate and IBatis)
· Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
· Familiarity with build tools such as Ant, Maven, and Gradle
· Familiarity with continuous integration