A proposal writer will be responsible for analyzing RFP/RFI documents and preparing response outlines to ensure compliance with RFP/RFI requirements, establishing and managing proposal schedules, and driving progress towards established deadlines. Also provides technical writing and editing, and leading and participating in document reviews to ensure winning messages is incorporated within each document.
• Manage the end-to-end RFP response process to ensure all expectations, actions, and timelines are understood and met
• Meets proposal deadline by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, and approval.
• Gathers proposal information by identifying sources of information; coordinating submissions and collections; identifying and communicating risks associated with proposals.
• Develops proposal by assembling information including project nature, objectives/outcomes/deliverables, implementation, methods, timetable, staffing, budget, standards of performance, and evaluation; writing, revising, and editing drafts including executive summaries, conclusions, and organization credentials.
• Prepares presentation by evaluating text, graphics, and binding.
• Maintains quality results by using templates; following proposal-writing standards including readability, consistency, and tone; maintaining proposal support databases.
• Obtains approvals by reviewing proposal with key providers and project managers.
• Improves proposal-writing results by evaluating and re-designing processes, approach, coordination, and boilerplate; implementing changes.
• Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.