1. Implementation and supervision of agreed research methodology for crop estimation
2. Contribution to the development of the research methodology and strategy. Continuous review of the methodology being applied in view of observations made during crop tours.
3. Collection and evaluation of primary and secondary data and performing sanity check on databases and external sources to ensure consistency of data.
4. Estimate cotton areas by collecting data from
a) official sources regularly
b) Confirmation of area estimates through visual estimation of area changes
c) Farmer interviews
d) Gathering of information from third parties like research institutes, Seed industry, Agri. departments etc.
5. Highlight the risks to the crop estimate by working out various scenarios. Assessment of the impact of various scenarios on yields and associated probabilities such as weather, pests, diseases and changing costs or supply of inputs or labor etc.
6. Close monitoring of weather developments and long term forecasts to update production estimates.
7. Analyze trends, evaluate behaviors etc. and make appropriate conclusions.
8. Conducting detailed cost of production studies.
9. Communication of the findings in the form of well-argued crop tour report
Skills & competencies /Specific knowledge/ Abilities (including any physical demands)
1. Strong working knowledge in MS office.
2. Very possess strong analytical skills.
3. Business presentation skills in English (written and spoken)
4. Willing to travel upcountry on regular basis for crop tours and to supervise the implementation of crop estimation methodology.
Louis Dreyfus Company at a glance A glass of orange juice poured for breakfast. A bowl of rice steamed for lunch. A cup of coffee served in a neighborhood café. Throughout the day and throughout the world, Louis Dreyfus Company plays a vital role in nourishing the world’s population. Louis Dreyfus ...Read More