1. Assist in the development of audit programs.
2. Conduct the kick off meeting at the start of each audit.
3. With help of Audit officers, perform assigned audits or segment of audit under the direction of Manager Internal Audit.
4. Assist in planning the audit schedule and develop individual audit steps of the assignment. Prepare draft findings and recommendations thereof for onwards submission.
5. Review unit’s operations to assess effectiveness of accounting and managerial controls, accuracy of recorded data and safeguard / existence of assets.
6. Provide direct supervision while undertaking physical verification of inventories and fixed assets.
7. Assist in determining whether areas reviewed are performing their planning, accounting, custodial, and control activities in compliance with applicable policies and procedures and in a manner consistent with both organization’s objectives and best practice.
8. Provide assistance in obtaining and analyzing data to give an objective and informed opinion on the accuracy and fairness of financial information.
9. Develop working papers summarizing evidential data obtained and conclusions reached in support of opinions presented in the draft report.
10. Assemble and develop draft audit report, ensuring that all point sheets have a disposition, and determining whether findings to be included in the report or be handled as minor findings.
11. Perform post-audit reviews to determine the extent to which audit recommendations have been implemented.
12. Maintain appropriate working relationships with line managers and other staff.
13. Pursue professional development opportunities, including external and internal training and professional association memberships, and sharing information gained with co-workers.
14. Perform other work as assigned by audit management