1. Exceptionally skilled in the hands on maintenance, diagnosis and repair of designated plant and equipment within the limits of their skill and knowledge and be capable of anticipating potential faults or problems which may occur within the full range of plant, to avoid any disruption to the building environment including:
a. BOAS accreditation and appointment required.
b. Heating systems and controls.
c. Maintain stocks of critical spares and other stock pertaining to responsibilities.
d. Water hygiene (treatment), sampling and testing, temperature recording and associated tasks to comply with L8 ACoP.
e. Planned and reactive maintenance activities, which includes: fire alarm systems, testing and portable firefighting equipment upkeep. Air conditioning maintenance, general boiler and plant room maintenance.
f. Post room duties, portage duties, basic support for AV equipment.
2. To provide technical supervision to site staff as required and contribute at all times to a good “facilities team” performance.
3. Assemble, install, calibrate and commission a wide range of advanced plant and equipment.
4. Use of IT systems to provide/monitor data within the Quality Assurance and other management reporting system.
5. To comply at all times with the Company's Quality Assurance and Health and Safety Procedures and to ensure that all work is undertaken in accordance with the Industry's best practices so as to best protect the Client’s and Sodexo’s assets.
6. Able to instruct others and all aspects of his/her work and provide development instruction and guidance for craftsmen on all aspects of plant in order to develop their skills and knowledge
7. To ensure that all areas in which work is undertaken are kept in a clean and tidy condition to ensure minimum disruption to the building users.
8. Undertake other tasks deemed to be within your capability.