The Assistant Manager ensures smooth operations of the Syed Babar Ali School of Science and Engineering (SBASSE) complex including facility management, logistics, operations, and finances. This role supports the Dean’s office in all administrative tasks or as assigned by Dean.
- Support SBASSE Dean’s office on day-to-day administrative activities.
- Coordinate with departments of facilities and engineering, finance office, procurement and other etc. to facilitate SBASSE building for resolving day to day issues.
- Provide support in budget related issues in management, utilizations and preparations for all departments of the School of Science and Engineering.
- Undertake processing of payments to contract faculty and staff, stipend for PhD students, and travel reimbursements from Dean office.
- Coordinate with respective team members to successfully manage high profile visits and meetings such as Advisory Board.
- Collaborate with HEC and other external bodies to successfully oversee externally funded projects.
- Supervision of pH neutralization Plant, Management of laboratory facilities and Waste processing (collection, storage, treatment and disposal).
- Provide support with respect to technical and facilities development of the School. This includes planning in design and infrastructure development.
- Provide support to Dean office in management of technical queries related to purchases and maintenance of equipment and services.
- Work as safety coordinator for SBASSE. This will include working with safety in-charge of SBASSE to facilitate the processes related to Safety of SBASSE complex. This include arranging to conduct training sessions for all the departments of SBASSE and maintenance of training records. Update safety related data.
Demonstrated experience of operations and management in a university or technical organization
Excellent team building, coordination and managing abilities
Superior communication and interpersonal skills
Strong ability to negotiate on cost, quality, and timeliness