The 100-acre LUMS campus is located in Lahore, the 2nd largest city in Pakistan, rich in history and cultural diversity. The campus, which is 20 minutes away from the international airport, offers a vibrant life full of cultural, literary and other social activities.
Summer is the best time of the year to roll up one’s sleeves, relax and chase one’s dreams. This is the time when one can add to the bucket of skills essentially required to become a successful adult.
Lahore University of Management Sciences (LUMS) is happy to announce the most exciting Summer School @LUMS where education is teaming up with enjoyment. Aimed at smart girls and boys aged between 14 to 18 years, the Summer School will challenge a group of 200 students to explore, learn and enjoy as they venture into the most exhilarating experience of their life.
The Summer School @LUMS promises to provide the students a unique opportunity to learn interesting new skills, engage in a wide variety of sports, adventurous activities, creative endeavours, literature workshops, analytical engagements as well as exhilarating excursions.
The Summer School aims to inspire individuals to not only explore their abilities and interests, but to enhance them through reputable, accomplished professionals who are experts in their respective fields.
- Designs learning activities that will relate mathematics to the physical world.
- To teach Maths to groups of 14-18 year students of various skill level in an engaging manner.
- Ability to ensure that all lessons are delivered in line with the assigned schedule and policies.
- Ability to create excellent quick visual presentations for students.
- Updating professional knowledge and expertise as appropriate to keep up to date with developments in teaching practice and methodology, in general, and in the curriculum area of Mathematics
- To maintain discipline in accordance with the school procedures and to encourage good practice with regard to punctuality, behavior, standards of work and homework.
- Ability to promote aspects of Personal Development related to Mathematics
- Plan, organize, develop, and conduct a comprehensive teaching and instruction program for students at the secondary level
- Good presentation and problem solving skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail when finalizing the documentation, PowerPoint presentation and Excel.
- Demonstrates mathematical concepts using models, other available technology methods and other standard or teacher-prepared instructional aids.
- Positive, energetic, and enthusiastic
- Keeping up with latest mathematics research’s and techniques
- Excellent communication & presentation skills
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Able to handle a class of 20 – 400 students
- Pleasant Personality
- Positive attitude