The Syed Babar Ali School of Science and Engineering (SBASSE) at Lahore University of Management Sciences invites applications for a Program Director at the level of Associate Professor (tenure-track) to establish undergraduate and graduate programs in Civil Engineering. The school has a reputation of being a leader in inter-disciplinary science and engineering education in the Country. The Civil Engineering program will add to the exciting forte of state-of-the-art programs that include Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology. LUMS is currently ranked at number 95 in QS Asia ranking. Situated in a bustling locality of Lahore, the university provides excellent environment for professional growth and excellence. LUMS is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications irrespective of background or ethnicity.
Faculty Applicant Credentials:
• Internationally qualified scholar with a doctoral degree in any contemporary area of Civil Engineering.
• Exposure to international academia and industry by way of experience.
• Passion for teaching, research and a career in academia.
• Creative vision for the field and frontiers of civil engineering and how it can be realized through collaborative research in LUMS centres for water, energy, environment, and future initiatives.
• Strong communication skills and leadership abilities for setting up the new Civil Engineering program at LUMS.
NOTE: Candidates wishing to join LUMS are encouraged to submit their applications with a detailed CV, along with a research statement, teaching philosophy and details of three professional referees