This position is responsible to look after the student society’s activities and handle the miscellaneous requests related to student society’s activities for conduct of events and activities organized & conducted at LUMS. The position will report to Manager Campus Climate Unit. The person will be responsible to design, organize, manage and administer the society’s events related jobs.
(Major responsibilities and target accomplishments expected of the position including the typical problems encountered in carrying out the responsibilities on day to day basis.)
- Responsible to supervise and manage 20 (half of the total) society’s events and relevant tasks assigned by the supervisor
- Responsible for efficient & effective management of societies available resources and provide assistance for conduct of societies events
- Responsible to act as a main contact/liaison between the societies and all allied departments working on the events
- Responsible to coordinate university wide events, internal and external affairs of extracurricular activities Office
- Responsible to implement internal Co-curricular activities (CCA) administration procedures, including events approvals, inventory management, and inventory control.
- Responsible to facilitate events as effectively and efficiently as possible in accordance with the university policies.
- Responsible for counseling of societies office bearers according to university policies and procedures
- Liaison between societies and all relevant offices for successful conduct of respective society events
- Analysis of event proposal and logistical requirements submitted to CCA office for necessary arrangements
- Assessment of societies sponsorship MOU, food MOU in accordance of university policies
- To provide the necessary facilitation for guidance of students going on international trip in terms of event approval and coordination with relevant offices
- To provide advice and support to societies during the planning process, arrangements of logistical requirements, assessment of event proposal and recommendations in accordance with the university policies
- To devise strategic level plans-counseling sessions for the societies performance enhancement
- Monitoring of events held during the late hours at LUMS campus
- To deal with the societies day to day tasks relevant to budgeting, logistics and other relevant issues as per requirements
- To streamline the processes of sponsorships, assessment of MOU and finally get it signed from the HOD and respective sponsor
- Assist in developing the mechanism for monitoring of societies of societies mega events including the registration input, delegates accommodation and other requirements etc.
- To undertake any other duty commensurate with this post as determined by the HoD / Manager.
- Must possess managerial, strategic planning, and decision making skills
- Computer skills including the ability to operate spreadsheets and word processing programs at a highly proficient level
- Must have the ability and good knowledge to negotiate with the vendor
- Effective written communications skills including the ability to prepare reports
Able to demonstrate the following personal attributes:
- Maintain standards of conduct
- Be respectful
- Be flexible
- Demonstrate a dedication to the position and the community
- Demonstrate sound work ethics