PosSenior Officer position will closely work with the Dean, LUMS School of Education (SOE), Manager Strategy & Design in managing the Dean’s workflow which will complement the effectiveness of the executive in meeting target goals. (S)he will provide support to the Dean in high-level administrative tasks and communication; such as daily task management and coordination of internal and external correspondence.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage the Dean’s calendar which will include scheduling internal and external meetings, coordinating clash conflicts in meetings times, making travelling plans and booking appointments for the Dean.
- Coordinate the Dean’s communication such as processing telephone call requests, drafting emails, and managing video conference calls. (S)he will also manage and distribute incoming and outgoing internal and external mail for the Dean.
- Arrange logistics and develop agenda for meetings convened by the Dean along with providing support to participants. (S)he will be responsible for preparing the Dean for meetings beforehand by providing him with all relevant material and drafting meeting notes for review by the Dean and other concerned stakeholders.
- Function as a gatekeeper to assure prioritization of the Dean’s time by filtering internal and external communication requests for the Dean, appropriately.
- Manage information flow and address inquiries from SOE faculty/staff as well as external stakeholders by acting as a liaison between the Dean SOE and other departments.
- Maintain confidentiality of records and information.
- Strong communication interpersonal skills and to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with excellent editing and proofreading ability.
- Advanced technical and computer skills to support administrative functions including MS Office Suite, Skype, electronic calendar management, and email applications.
- Excellent project management skills, strong attention to detail, and ability to multi-task with demanding timeframes.
- Strong ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Ability to use high-level discretion and maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Will be required to accompany the Dean to meetings.
Full Time; standard LUMS policies will be applicable. Flexibility & commitment is a must.