Role and Responsibilities of Dental Surgeon
The dental surgeon is directly answerable to unit/facility in-charge & through him to Hub Coordinator.
A dentist is typically responsible for:
- Educating patients on oral healthcare; inform their patients on how to prevent dental problems and keep their teeth and mouth as healthy as possible
- Examining teeth and diagnosing patients' dental conditions by using tools such as x-rays;
- Complete treatment on affected gums, decayed and fractured teeth, and perform tooth removal for cases where there are high levels of decay
- Consider treatment methods and explain the options with the patient to determine which works best for them based on their situation
- Keep all equipment functional and clean
- Maintaining patients' dental records;
- Training and managing junior staff;
- Maintaining stocks of equipment;
- Refer patients to orthodontists or other dental specialist for more advanced procedures and care
- Keeping abreast of new developments through structured continuing professional development (CPD);
Any other tasks as assigned by Deputy Technical or management.
Personal Specification Essential
- Medical doctor preferably with public health experience.
- Experience of working with range of people, organisations and cultures.
- Excellent communication skills
- Team work, flexibility and relationship building skills.
- Calm under pressure.
- Fluent written and spoken English language.
- Previous work NGO in remote areas.
- Speak local language.