In May 2015, the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) awarded a five-year contract to Management Systems International (MSI) to provide performance management support to USAID-sponsored development programs throughout Pakistan. The Performance Management Support Contract (PERFORM) serves as a centralized management support mechanism that provides services in (1) monitoring, (2) evaluation, (3) assessment, and (4) learning support. PERFORM provides data and information to help USAID/Pakistan project managers improve results through better implementation, design, and learning, enabling it to better target its programming and achieve its goals and objectives.
MSI will conduct an assessment to establish a baseline of current knowledge and practices with respect to safe charity practices in Multan and Karachi and identify changes in knowledge and behaviors that can be plausibly linked to safe charity interventions implemented by USAID’s Community Resilience Office (CRO). The results of this assessment will inform the design of USAID/CRO’s future safe charity programming. The assessment will include two phases, beginning in June 2018 and concluding in November 2018.
MSI is seeking one (1) Data Analyst with excellent qualitative data management and analysis skills to support the team in the analysis phase of the study. The position entails about 20 days of effort between August 10 and November 15. The Data Analyst will work within a team composed of a team lead, subject-matter experts, a statistician, and an assignment manager.
- Regularly report on data collection progress and quality aspects.
- Create a data repository, ensure data is cleaned, labeled, coded, and in a format usable for data analysis.
- Participate in the data analysis and reporting phase.
- Prepare charts, graphs, tabulations for final reporting.
- Participate in data validation workshop.
- Complete other duties as assigned by the Assignment Manager.
- At least a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and two (2) years of relevant professional experience.
- Demonstrated experience with qualitative data analysis.
- In depth knowledge of qualitative data analysis software, MaxQDA, is required.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent English writing skills.
*Position will be filled on a rolling basis*
Candidates that have a real or potential conflict of interest will not be considered for this position. MSI will require a written statement to this effect before formal engagement on this position. Conflict of interest in this context includes, but is not limited to: close and/or family relations with the individuals that are related to the project, financial interest in the implementing organization(s) or grantees, current or previous experience with the project or the USAID requesting office, etc.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.