In May 2015, the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) awarded a five-year performance management support contract – PERFORM to Management Systems International (MSI). Under PERFORM MSI provides monitoring support, evaluations, assessments, and learning support services to USAID. These services provide evidence-based data and information and high-quality analysis that USAID program managers use to target resources and inform project design and implementation to improve project results and achieve objectives.
**Please note: Only Pakistani citizens are eligible for this position. **
MSI is recruiting for a year-long intermittent short-term consultancy for the position of Data Analyst to collect, collate, and analyze data for the anticipated assignment to monitor activities of the Community Resilience Activity - South (CRA-S) project. CRA-S is expected to reduce marginalization and exclusion among the most vulnerable communities in Southern Punjab, Northern Sindh, and Karachi. The CRA-S activity is primarily a community-based, small grants initiative implemented in close coordination with the donor, with communities in priority areas, and with all levels of Government.
The Data Analyst will work with a multi-person monitoring team to collect, consolidate and analyze the monitoring data of the project activities that include, but are not limited to, small grants, technical assistance, and other support. The project is being implemented across various districts in Southern Punjab, Northern Sindh, and Karachi, but includes also activities in Lahore and Bahawalpur.
The duration of the short-term technical assistance monitoring assignment is from February 2019 through February 20, 2020.
· Review background documents for the monitoring;
· Participate in field-staff training to understand the monitoring purpose, scope, methodology, and data collection instruments;
· Clean the monitoring data before collating the database.
· Analyze collated data from the database according to the analysis plan included in the monitoring implementation and analysis plan;
· Conduct pattern and frequency analysis for open-ended responses from KIIs;
· The analysis may include descriptive statistics based on data obtained through checklists and across beneficiaries;
· Use measures of central tendency using mean and mode to explain the data and cross-tabulations to compare data by type of activity, locations etc.;
· Enter the collected data into a web-based data repository; and
· Undertake other tasks as assigned by the assignment manager and/or team lead for the successful completion of the assignment.
· At least a master’s degree in a related field (e.g., statistics or related field);
· A minimum of five (5) years of experience in the collection and analysis of qualitative and quantitative data;
· Excellent MS Excel skills required;
· Willingness and ability to travel within Southern Punjab, Northern Sindh, Karachi, and other activity areas;
· Excellent analytical and personal communication skills; and
· Fluent in written and spoken English and Urdu;
· Proficiency in speaking and understanding local languages (Saraiki, Sindhi, Punjabi), is a plus.
*Position will be filled on a rolling basis*
Candidates that have a real or potential conflict of interest in this monitoring will not be considered. MSI will require a written statement to this effect before formal engagement on this assignment. Conflict of interest in this context includes, but is not limited to: close and/or family relations with the individuals that are related to the project, financial interest in the implementing organization(s) or grantees, current or previous experience with the project being monitored or the USAID requesting office, etc.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.