In May 2015, the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) awarded a five-year contract to Management Systems International (MSI) to provide performance management support to USAID-sponsored development programs throughout Pakistan. The Performance Management Support Contract (PERFORM) serves as a centralized management support mechanism that provides services in (1) monitoring, (2) evaluation, (3) assessment, and (4) learning support. PERFORM provides data and information to help USAID/Pakistan project managers improve results through better implementation, design, and learning, enabling it to better target its programming and achieve its goals and objectives.
***Please note: Only citizens of Pakistan are eligible for this position. ***
MSI is recruiting for a short-term Higher Education Sector Specialist to provide technical expertise in monitoring a USAID funded education project.
The team will monitor the Merit and Needs-based Scholarship Program that provides scholarships to academically-qualified Pakistani students who, without financial assistance, could not afford a university education. These scholarships are managed at the institutional level and provide full tuition and stipend to competitively chosen individuals to study for a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree at one of 30 HEC-approved Pakistani universities.
The duration of the assignment is from December 2018 through January 2020. This position will require full-time commitment as per the schedule of activities and assignment workplan.
· Review all relevant program documents required to understand the assignment;
· Participate in a Team Planning Workshop in Islamabad to review the assignment’s purpose and methodology;
· Assist with finalization of work plan and data collection instruments;
· Participate in designing instruments for individual interviews, focus group discussion guides and observation checklists;
· Conduct on-site individual interviews and focus group discussions, as well as complete observation checklists;
· Ensure that all required data is collected and reported in the agreed formats;
· Participate in data analysis;
· Participate in report writing;
· Participate in a debriefing session with USAID/Pakistan on the findings, conclusions, and recommendations; and
· Undertake other tasks required for the successful completion of the assessment.
- At least a Master’s Degree in a relevant field;
- At least seven (7) years of experience participating in research and monitoring of donor funded projects in the higher education sector;
- Experience designing protocols for, and administering/moderating key informant interviews and Focus Group Discussions;
- Able to work effectively as a member of a fast moving, dynamic team operating under deadlines to complete the assignment;
- Experience collecting, managing, synthesizing and analyzing quantitative and qualitative data to draw out key findings and conclusions and develop recommendations;
- Strong English verbal and written communication skills;
- Able to produce high quality products and deliver them on time;
· Willingness and ability to travel within the country.
- Experience working with USAID preferred, but not necessary.
Candidates that have a real or potential conflict of interest in this assignment will not be considered for this assignment. MSI will require a written statement to this effect before formal engagement on this assignment. Conflict of interest in this context includes, but is not limited to: close and/or family relations with the individuals that are related to the project, financial interest in the implementing organization(s) or grantees, current or previous experience with the project being evaluated or the USAID requesting office, etc.
*Position will be filled on a rolling basis*
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.