In May 2015, the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) awarded a five-year contract to Management Systems International (MSI) to provide performance management support to USAID-sponsored development programs throughout Pakistan. The Performance Management Support Contract (PERFORM) serves as a centralized management support mechanism that provides services in (1) monitoring, (2) evaluation, (3) assessment, and (4) learning support. PERFORM provides data and information to help USAID/Pakistan project managers improve results through better implementation, design, and learning, enabling it to better target its programming and achieve its goals and objectives.
PERFORM is recruiting for the position of GIS Developer. Under the supervision of GIS Lead, the selected candidate will work in the GIS unit; helping the team with GIS & RS requests from the technical departments, and the client.
This is a full-time position based in Islamabad, Pakistan; with limited travel to field offices as needed. It is expected to begin immediately and continue through April 2020.
- Generate geospatial products for the technical departments’ assignments.
- Perform GIS tasks as assigned.
- Design and maintain customized GIS web applications as per requirements.
- Spatial Data Creation, Extraction from alternate data sources, Transformation & Loading.
- Maintain and modify GIS repositories and spatial data warehouse.
· Conduct training/workshops, under the supervision of GIS Lead.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
- A bachelor’s degree (4 years) in Geoinformatics Engineering / GIS or master’s in Computer Science.
- At least 2-3-years’ experience in GIS and web application development.
- Adequate knowledge and experience of GIS software (ArcGIS Desktop and Server / QGIS).
- Adequate knowledge of web development and related technologies (preferably ASP .Net, JAVA).
- Experience with JAVA Script map libraries for web development (preferably Leaflet).
- Experience with cloud-based technologies (preferably Google Cloud, AWS).
- Experience with server-side technologies (AngularJS, Node.js) and unstructured data management. Using MongoDB.
- Ability to work in a team environment with strong communication and organization skills.
- Ability to produce high quality work under deadlines and manage multiple assignments.
*Position will be filled on a rolling basis*
Candidates that have a real or potential conflict of interest will not be considered for this position. MSI will require a written statement to this effect before formal engagement on this position. Conflict of interest in this context includes, but is not limited to: close and/or family relations with the individuals that are related to the project, financial interest in the implementing organization(s) or grantees, current or previous experience with the project or the USAID requesting office, etc.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.