In May 2015, the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) awarded a five-year contract to Management Systems International (MSI) to provide performance management support to USAID-sponsored development programs throughout Pakistan. The Performance Management Support Contract (PERFORM) serves as a centralized management support mechanism that provides services in (1) monitoring, (2) evaluation, (3) assessment, and (4) learning support. PERFORM provides data and information to help USAID/Pakistan project managers improve results through better implementation, design, and learning, enabling it to better target its programming and achieve its goals and objectives.
PERFORM is recruiting for the position of IT Help Desk Officer. The selected candidate, under the guidance of the Director of MIS/GIS, will provide technical hardware and software assistance and support to the project staff. The IT Help Desk Officer will respond to queries, run diagnostic programs, isolate problems, and determine and implement solutions.
This is a full-time position based in Islamabad, Pakistan with limited travel to field offices as needed. This position will begin immediately and continue through April 2020.
· Troubleshoot and maintain desktops, laptops, and peripherals.
· Physically move workstations to different locations within office and meet staff in-person to resolve computer hardware issues as required.
· Maintain helpdesk support ticketing system.
· Install, configure and maintain operating systems and application software.
· Maintain network services such as DNS, email, file-sharing, and security.
· Support System/Network Administrator in server maintenance and provide daily routine examination.
· Assist in preparation of technical documentation if required.
· Compile and maintain IT inventory of hardware and software.
· Prioritize IT related issues of users/staff and proactively resolve them.
· Provide support to teams creating PowerPoint and Prezi presentations.
· Convert static presentations to videos using Camtasia.
· Perform other duties as assigned by management.
· Bachelor of science in Information Technology or Computer Science.
· Two (2) years’ experience in relevant area. (4 years preferable).
· Strong understanding of MS Office 365 required. Must be good with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
· Experience with Prezi and Camtasia required.
· Required experience of installing, configuring and maintaining LINUX and Windows Server.
· Strong networking skills (CISCO certified).
· Strong communication and organization skills.
· Ability to produce high quality work under deadlines.
*Position will be filled on a rolling basis*
Candidates that have a real or potential conflict of interest will not be considered for this position. MSI will require a written statement to this effect before formal engagement on this position. Conflict of interest in this context includes, but is not limited to: close and/or family relations with the individuals that are related to the project, financial interest in the implementing organization(s) or grantees, current or previous experience with the project or the USAID requesting office, etc.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.