In May 2015, the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) awarded a five-year contract to Management Systems International (MSI) to provide performance management support to USAID-sponsored development programs throughout Pakistan. The Performance Management Support Contract (PERFORM) serves as a centralized management support mechanism that provides services in
(1) monitoring, (2) evaluation, (3) assessment, and (4) learning support.
PERFORM provides data and information to help USAID/Pakistan project managers improve results through better implementation, design, and learning, enabling it to better target its programming and achieve its goals and objectives.
USAID/Pakistan is funding the Sindh Reading Project (SRP), to improve early grade reading in public primary schools in Sindh. The 2018 endline study will provide evidence of progress made in student reading scores over the life of the program.
MSI is seeking a Logistics/Administrative Assistant to support the Early Grade Reading Assessment (EGRA) team in Pakistan during the endline study. The Assistant will be responsible for coordinating with the EGRA team and the operations staff of the PERFORM project to assist with logistical and travel arrangements, procurement requests, and overall personnel support. S/he will link the day-to-day operations of the assessment team with PERFORM in coordination with the Assignment Manager and the EGRA core team.
· Assist the PERFORM team with training logistics, lodging arrangements, vehicle movements, and procurement and personnel support;
· Support the organizational needs of the assessment team, such as printing training packets and fieldwork documents, and organizing data collection tablets and other materials;
· Create and maintain an MSI team contact list;
· Complete any other tasks as requested by the Assignment Manager and EGRA core team.
· A bachelor’s degree in the social sciences or a related field;
· Demonstrated interest in education and/or monitoring and evaluation/assessment preferred;
· Experience in logistics coordination;
· Excellent organizational skills;
· Able to work effectively as part of a large team of dedicated professionals;
· Able to work under tight deadlines and produce quality work;
· Excellent English oral and written communication skills; and
· Fluency in Urdu.
Candidates that have a real or potential conflict of interest in this study will not be considered for this assignment. MSI will require a written statement to this effect before formal engagement on this assignment. Conflict of interest in this context includes, but is not limited to: close and/or family relations with the individuals that are related to the project, financial interest in the implementing organization(s) or grantees, current or previous experience with the project being evaluated or the USAID requesting office, etc.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.