A finance company is looking to hire qualified individuals for the following role:
Manager Legal Affairs:
Objective of the position:
The main purpose of the role will be to manage Legal matters in the Pakistan office, providing proactive high-quality advice and risk assessment, in compliance with Organization policies and external laws and regulations.
Qualification & Skills Required:
· A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Law (LLB).
· Strong negotiation, analytical, & interpersonal skills
· Effective communication skills
· Proactive in resolving issues
· Proven ability to demonstrate strong Leadership skills and independent decision making
· Goal-oriented & ready to accept greater responsibilities
· Have the experience and competence to be able to perform his duties with a reasonable degree of empowerment
· Able to interact and work with multidisciplinary teams
· Able to handle the assigned affairs independently and delegate further effectively
· Able to work under pressure while maintaining the quality of work experience:
· A minimum of 5 years of work experience post-qualification
· 2-3 years of experience in working as an in-house counsel
· Proven experience in managing and leading people
· Able to independently handle litigation and related in-house operations of the company in addition to the following areas:
· Oversee, review and/or prepare any/all general and specific specific contracts when directed.
· Oversee litigation of the Company.
· Advice on issues related to licensing and Regulator
· Provide opinions and strategic advice to internal stakeholders on issues having legal implications.
· Provide support and help decision-making process with respect to management’s decisions.
· Should also be able to provide quality legal assistance in overall corporate matters including contracts
· Able to promote teamwork within the department
· Providing quality legal opinion to all departments across Organization including commercial, procurement, S&D, Finance, etc. when desired.
· Legal research and advice on the impact of changing laws.
· Analyzing legal prepositions under different scenarios and coming up with practical solutions.
· Should be able to strongly advocate the company’s objectives/interest with external stakeholders.
· To put efforts to minimize the company’s overall legal exposure and adopting a proactive approach in doing so.
· To deal with government/regulatory bodies including PTA etc. on legal issues independently and ensure compliance thereof.
· Vet, draft all franchise-related documents/contracts, and providing advice on all S&D related legal issues.
· Should be able to deal with high profile cases and keeping management abreast of the same.
· To provide advice on HR/labor law-related issues and Vet all contracts having any impact related to labor law.
· Reviewing documents related to the acquisition of land drafting addendums and providing advice thereof.
· Preparing legal notices and their replies.
· Coordinate effectively with external lawyers with respect to legal cases.
· To participate in different projects.
· To protect the company and its employees from the issuance of any warrants and/or coercive measures being adopted by certain govt departments, in the best possible manner.