MangoBaaz is for young, inquisitive, opinionated, empathetic and bold individuals. We believe life’s too short not to enjoy it. We believe in asking questions because they lead to understanding. We believe in the freedom of expression and the right for everyone to have an opinion. We believe in accepting and celebrating people for their differences. We believe that the only constant in life is change. Above all, we believe that ideas and stories can change the world.
If you believe in what we believe in, join our family! Our work is followed by millions of people around the globe and we constantly try to diversify our existing content base so it can be more valuable for our audience. We’re looking for an Social Media Manager to join our team to help grow and diversify our Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat and Pinterest pages (among others). MangoBaaz aims to post content on social media that our audience finds enjoyable and engaging. The Social Media Manager is responsible for managing these accounts and help build a positive soft image of Pakistan through these platforms.
- Leading and managing social media accounts and dealing with any issues that may arise
- Managing several accounts including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Pinterest etc.
- Championing the client at all levels internally to efficiently manage social media content
- Mastering the concept of social media management to maximize traffic and views
- Create engaging posts
- Responding to messages and queries from followers
- Feeding back all suggestions for improvement and research to team members
- Use analytics tools to understand audience better and assist with branding strategy
- University/College Graduate
- 1+ years experience in social media management
- Lives and thrives on social media and has a strong understanding of why people share the things they share on social media
- Is a MangoBaaz fan - why else would you want to work for us?
- Has a strong understanding of people, how they think, what they like/dislike
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage many projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Can work well in a team, as well as on your own
- Work with editors and writers to pitch great stories, and turn good ideas into great ideas.
- Openness to constructive criticism from peers and managers alike
- A mind that is creative, analytical, and flexible all at the same time
- Knows how to use Adobe Photoshop or other photo-editing software
- Understanding of CMS (especially Wordpress)
- Is the right amount of weird
- Sends in a cover letter that isn't formal!