JOB SUMMARYMG is seeking to hire a full time Senior HSE Officer at our Machike Base Station, Sheikhupura location. This individual must be knowledgeable, competent and committed to the protection of the company, its assets and most important, the health and safety of our employees as well as that of the general and motoring public we serve. The Senior HSE Officer will report directly to the DGM Fleet Operations.
RESPONSIBILITIESSafety & Compliance: Manage and supervise those activities necessary to protect the health and safety of employees and the general public, to protect the assets of the company, and to ensure compliance with OMC regulations, as well as policies and programs, which may include but not limited to the following:
- Conducting or Coordinating Inspections on drivers, equipment, at assigned terminal.
- Conduct or Coordinate Observations on drivers at location.
- Identify, monitor and ensure compliance with various OMC regulations (OSHA, DOT, EPA, etc.).
- Communicate safety data to management for identifying possible trends to the DGM Fleet Operations.
- Maintain Occupational Health Standards.
- Report accidents to the appropriate regulatory agency.
- Conduct corrective action reports.
- Management of training plans for all company and independent contract drivers on safety related issues.
- Examples of training include, but are not limited to:
- Annual Safety Training for terminal and maintenance personnel.
- New Associate Orientation Program for terminal personnel and drivers.
- Quarterly Safety Training at assigned location.
- Post-accident/Injury reporting and training.
- Conduct Other Safety/Loss Control Training.
- Provide guidance and disciplinary actions to drivers, mechanics, etc. as needed.
- Manage the process necessary to oversee accident/injury claims in a timely, cost-effective and equitable manner at your assigned terminals.
- This process includes:
- Review and/or investigate all accidents and resulting claims at assigned terminal.
- Cooperate with all regulatory agencies.
- Coordinate with corporate office on accident, incidents and spills for claims reporting and adjudication.
- Organize participation in safety functions/events.
- Attend monthly safety/operations meetings at the Lafayette office.
- Coordinate special reports, projects and events related to the Safety/Loss Control Program.
- Coordinate all security issues at your assigned terminal.
- Monitor quarterly safety incentive program.
- Attend appropriate training to ensure professional development in the safety field
Desired Skills and Experience
- Knowledgeable and experienced in all aspects of Transportation, Maintenance, and Administration.
- Familiarity with relevant current and pending OMC Regulations (DOT/FMCSA, OSHA, EPA).
- Familiarity and competency with Microsoft Windows, Excel, PowerPoint and TMW a plus.
- Ability to work without direct supervision in an independent atmosphere.
- Associates Degree in related field + 5 years’ experience in safety.
- Bachelor’s Degree and Environmental Experience highly preferred.