Maya & Associates is looking for a senior associate/associate who have strong command in payroll, bookkeeping and taxation. The role will involve preparing tax returns, payroll, payroll tax documents in addition to maintaining financial records, including purchases, sales, receipts and payments. Job duties include working closely with the Manager to create and analyze financial reports, process individual income taxes and manage payrolls of US companies. Our ideal candidate holds an Accounting degree and is familiar with QuickBooks accounting software. Tax experience will be an added advantage.
· Record day to day financial transactions and complete the posting process within QuickBooks software.
· Post invoice batches within the sales module and ensuring that the invoices are being deferred correctly.
· Preparation of monthly financial statements related to monthly, quarterly and annual reporting within deadlines and with high attention to accuracy.
· Bank and account reconciliation preparation and adjustments, analytical review and variance analysis;
· Reconcile the AP and AR Sub ledgers to the General Ledger
· Update of quarterly accruals and commitments;
· Preparation of journal entries for month end close; and
· Filing and performing related administrative duties as assigned.
· Generates and maintains complete records of all financial transactions in accordance to US GAAP and in time to meet internal and external timelines
· Implement process improvements to accounting processes and procedures to increase efficiency and effectiveness.
· Process the corporate income & sales tax returns of clients.
· Undertake special projects and ad hoc analysis as needed.
· Proven bookkeeping/accounting experience. Tax experience will be a plus
· Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting payable/receivable principles
· Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
· Data entry skills along with a knack for numbers
· Hands-on experience with spreadsheets(excel) and QuickBooks software
· Proficiency in English and in MS Office
· High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
· BS degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration, MCOM, MBA, ICMA(finalist), ACCA(finalist) or similar qualification.
· Fresh or 1-2 year of experience in accounting & taxation.
Note: Candidates should be able to work in afternoon shift (12noon- 9pm) for some days during the deadlines.