Are you looking for a chance to work in a fast-paced and challenging environment that will utilize your creative abilities and CAD skills? We are looking for a dedicated and accurate mechanical drafter with an interest in mechanical engineering and a self-motivated attitude. You will be working with our expert engineering teams to create a variety of technical drawings and digital models and will be able to contribute to the design process as well. We foster a positive and encouraging work atmosphere and offer plenty of opportunities for on-the-job mentoring and practical experience with several departments, including manufacturing and project management. Join our team and enjoy competitive pay and benefits as well as the chance to further your professional education and career prospects.
· Create technical drawings, manufacturing schematics, and 2D and 3D digital models of mechanical equipment designs, using measurements, specifications and additional data from engineering team
· Collect initial drawings, calculations and design ideas from engineers, and combine all relevant data into coherent and complete initial design models for review and modification
· Coordinate directly with engineers and project managers to understand project requirements, verify design details and recommend modifications as needed according to company standards and best practices
· Annotate and verify all numerical designations and specifications in technical drawings and schematics, using both CAD programs and manual calculations when necessary
· Communicate with manufacturing personnel to create detailed layouts prior to production, and assist in designing, creating and testing production molds
· Provide support to engineering team as needed by creating technical drawings and digital models within deadlines and utilizing multiple methods to ensure deliverables include all relevant design details
· Assist in ongoing project to standardize and unify design document standards by participating in meetings and preparing presentation materials as necessary
· Analyze different aspects of a project based on the size and type of the project.
· analyze all preliminary research data to determine the project’s influence on the company and its investments. Compile this information and present it to management in an easy-to-understand format.
· Review project deliverables to start gaining an understanding of the overall scope of the project. This involves reviewing design packages, project drawings, and other deliverables to prepare for the estimation process.
· Use preliminary research data and review of project deliverables to prepare `the cost estimates for the entire project. Gain a clearer sense of the overall project, put together cost estimations and deliver them to project managers.
Job Skills & Qualifications
· Associate degree in drafting
· Proficient with AutoCAD Civil 3D and CADWorx
· Excellent technical communication skills with engineers and manufacturing personnel
· Strong attention to detail and mathematical abilities
· Able to work within strict deadlines
· Professional certification in mechanical drafting
· Experience with mechanical manufacturing process
Mechanical World Trading Est.
Mechanical World Trading Est.