Position: Medical Coordinator
Status: Salaried PKR (*Upto 212,671 PKR + Benefits including 13th Months salary, Gratuity, Food allowance)
Location: PAKISTAN; Based at ISLAMABAD with extensive field travel to Punjab and KPK –FATA provinces.
Islamabad: 50% of time
Field: 50% of time
Availability: 10 months with possible extension
Under the management of the Country head of organization and in strong functional link and collaboration with Medical advisor HQ, the Medical Coordinator will be responsible for:
Country strategy, medical program management and partner support
- Contribute to the development of Organization’s strategy with the Country Head of organization (needs assessment, increase efficiency, implementation adjustments of medical activities)
- Participate in the development of new projects and related proposals.
- Ensure the implementation (achievement of the outcomes), the quality and consistence of the medical component of the program with partner and Organization’s coordination team
- Develop, update and validate medical/MHPSS standards, protocols and good practices
- Monitor the public health context and challenges and react to any change by adapting the program if necessary
- Suggest any corrective measures to adapt the program if necessary (outbreaks, new needs arising…)
- To monitor and evaluate medical program: analyze and report on monthly basis the medical data of the program and propose adjustments whenever it’s required
- Cooperate with administration and logistic teams to ensure timely supply of program needs in term of finance, logistics, and HR setup (particularly for medical teams).
- Review and develop exit strategy to sustain the ongoing and new intervention in collaboration with relevant coordinator as well as with relevant authorities such as related district and provincial authorities.
- Review and set-up extensive monitoring mechanism to ensure the quality aspects of the program through regular presence of supervisory technical staff in the field.
Management of medical stock and logistic chain for medical procurement
- Ensure that medical activities have the required equipment, materials and drug to function
- Support the medical procurement process in term of need assessment and quality check
- Support the supervision of the pharmacy qualitative and storage condition (consumptions, orders and inventory) in cooperation with logistic team
- Coordinate with Logistic and Administrative Coordinators regarding budgeting related to the medical procurement
In coordination with relevant Coordinators:
- Ensure the implementation of a global medical training plan for all staff, including the partner staff whenever it’s possible
- Ensure the technical supervision of all medical/MHPSS staff working for the organization and with partner, and identify the needs of training assessment
- Ensure the training are properly delivered by the team members, and contribute to it if necessary by developing curriculums and providing/facilitating the trainings
- Provide the team with planning and organization tools
- Represents Organization’s in coordination meetings and actively participate in medical groups at national and provincial levels (UN agencies, health authorities, humanitarian actors, relevant NGOs, etc.). Build relation and establish information sharing channels to ensure Organization’s is well placed in health response, regular contacts with other health actors to share information on identified gaps and best practice for the local context.
- Advise the Country head of organization and the rest of the Coordination Team on technical issues to consider for meetings, communication, etc.
- Participate in all relevant medical & coordination meetings, and play a proactive role in technical working groups such as MHPSS sub working groups, created to answer the health issues that needs immediate action of health coordinating members
- Lead on liaison with DoH where Organization’s is presently working to ensure an smooth working relationship.
- Participate in the identification of Organization’s implementation and /or strategic partners.
- Support field teams to coordinate on the ground with all stockholders, and ensure that information presses both up and down the chain of command in a timely manner
- Provide technical support medical/MHPSS team on a daily and detailed basis whenever needed
- Participate in the recruitment for all position in the medical/MHPSS team
- Participate in the briefings and debriefings and orient the medical and other member of team
- Identify in coordination with relevant Coordinator the needs of medical/MHPSS staff for the Programme, draft their job profiles and validate their recruitment from technical point of view
- Directly manage the mission pharmacist, and one S & R health referent
- Organize regular meetings with medical teams
- Maintain good inter-team communications, engender good team dynamics, and the suitable action plan when problem occur
- Support the Country head of the organization in monthly reporting
- Ensure the production of monthly summaries and analysis of the data collected and compiled when required
- Participate actively in the writing of Donor’s report and proposals
The list of activities is not exhaustive and may change depending on the situation.
Line of management: he/she works inside the project’s HR organization chart
Organization’s: Country head of the organization
Technical advisor: HQ Medical Referent
Supervision: 2 staff’s directly. Technical referent for all medical staff on the mission
- Medical Doctor, Nurse or Midwife, Public Health Expert
- Significant experience in public health
- Knowledge and skills in emergency unit, SRH, PHC
- Minimum 5-years in humanitarian response specifically in the field
- Experience in project coordination, including management of medical team
- Experience in working with local authorities, partners
- Experience in capacity building as an asset
Personal Skills required:
- Ability to manage priorities effectively
- Ability to work an international team
- Reactivity, anticipation, adaptability, capacity to take initiative
- Excellent organizational skills
- Good writing and communication skills
- Ability to proactively build relations with stakeholders
- Team spirit
- Interest of Humanitarian issues
- Capacity to work and to live intense condition
- This is a senior management position therefore only candidates with relevant competencies and experience are requested to apply and only matching candidates will be called for test and interviews.
- The organisation reserves the right to cancel the position anytime without any notice.
- The selection is on a rolling basis, only individuals who meet above listed requirements are invited to apply for the above-mentioned position.
Organization reserves the right to cancel the job posting at any time without any intimation or reason. The organization doesn’t allow or accept the candidate having multiple employments at the same time.