General objective of the function
The Reproductive health referent will act as the technical focal/resource point for MdM’s sexual and reproductive health activities and will coordinate with partners working in the field of health. She will provide technical support on planning, organization, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the SRH activities and coordinate assessments of innovative RH interventions in community settings.
- Ensure proper data collection of RH indicators through implementing a system for reporting the outcomes and compilation of data on activities from all projects
- Ensure all RH activities are in line with national protocols and RH policies and guidelines are well understood by MdM-supported technical and health facility staff;
- Support supply chain management for RH services, including supporting procurement and management of RH commodities and supplies;
- Identify RH program development opportunities through identifying local RH partners, establishing relationships with Ministry of Health and assessing opportunities for comprehensive RH programming;
- Ensure that all RH documentation is accurate and up to date, including partner notification, testing and treatment records also ensure that health facility staff and partners have access to and are complying with the best practice RH Guidelines
- Ensure planning and preparation of weekly, monthly, quarterly and end of project activities and reports and submit timely reports on field activities to Medical Coordinator
- Assist in selection and training of qualified program field staff.
- Identifying needs of training (TNA)and Capacity building of staff on identified needs(family planning, PPIUCD, MVA, BEMONC etc.)
- Review and approve SRH budget lines.
- Assist in developing IEC materials and TOT training courses to Community Health Workers and medical staff at the MdM-supported health facilities;
- Make frequent site visits to health facilities to ensure that appropriate quality care is being provided to the target population;
- Analyze the health reports from the PHC facilities and Hospitals and develop recommendations for RH interventions;
- Work with Medical Supervisors and Medical Coordinator to ensure the quality of care is provided according to MdM projects.
- Assist Country team to plan and prepare proposals for potential program/donor funding and/or contribute to health program proposal development as well as budgeting