Install and/ or maintain systems and communications’ software and hardware according to MSF standards and policies in all Facilities at mission level, advises on the proper choice of hard and software’s and support users, in order to ensure the efficient use of ICT systems and equipment in the mission.
Responsible for the implementation of MSF-OCA (Amsterdam & Pakistan) ICT Policy at mission level
- Together with the Logistics Coordinator, analyze the ICT needs of the mission, draw up a draft of the ICT budget, and design an adapted strategy aiming to optimize the investment on information and communication technology.
- Identify and implement Information management practices to enhance the mission system’s effectiveness and reliability (development, check up, deployment of applications, systems or new ITC standards, etc.).
- Implements and endorses MSF OCA ICT policy at mission level
- Looks for and suggest proper solution for the ICT needs in the mission
- Prepares a draft of the ICT budget for the annual plan in relation to the ICT policy at mission level
- Responsible for managing and supervising the ICT assistant based in Quetta.
- Responsible for mission Communication Equipment installation, repair and maintenance'.
- Study the ICT market in country, comparing prices and quality of equipment, software and internet providers/services, in order to optimize buying decisions and to ensure local assistance. Create and maintains a contact network of ICT providers in order to ensure communications and ICT local purchase quality.
- Check out the ICT market in country in collaboration Capital Supply log and Capital purchaser
- Keep himself/ herself informed about technical developments and updates his line manager on new developments in the ICT branch;
- Determine what Quality of standard ICT Hardware & software in the mission
- Create a network database of ICT providers with relevant information (service, quality, price) and regularly monitor / update the information or develop it with new service providers
- Plan and provide network security to ensure that appropriate access control is used internally on the LAN/WLAN’s, and to prevent intrusions.
- Provide support and training to users (on software, hardware, telecom problems, etc.) in order to satisfy their needs; ensure fluent communications in the mission as well as the correct use, maintenance and running of IT equipment and networks.
- Ensure questions and problems related to ICT are solved (if appropriate, according to MSF policies and procedures in force at any time). Register, report and refer unsolved questions and problems, as well as unusual requests, to the respective support units (Field IT Support Amsterdam) in order to actively provide solutions and ensure quality standards.
- ICT helpdesk for the Mission [1st line support]: repairs all occurring software and hardware problems;
- Installs both software and hardware of computer network [if applicable];
- Manages the e-mail identities for the mission
- Responsible for General Mission Inventory list and Keeps inventories of hardware, software and ICT documentation. Is responsible for asset tracking of ICT hardware;
- Advises on proper filing of unique documents
- Gives advise and/or training when problems occur;
- Organizes computer training for MSF staff according to the needs;
- Provides support to the Assistant ICT Officer and field projects on ICT maintenance and repair;
- Arranges external repair of ICT equipment;
- Provide corrective and preventive maintenance activities (check up, cleaning, etc.), managing and updating a small stock of spare parts and replacing obsolete materials when necessary, of ICT environments, telecom and hardware equipments, according to MSF policies and procedures in place at any time.
- Execute security management protocols (Nestor Auto backups, anti-malware updates and software patching; firewall protection; radio protection, etc.) in order to ensure an immediate operational recovery/continuity in case of emergency and data security & availability.
- Responsible for maintaining mission computer and email overviews as well as updated mission contact list
- Responsible for initiating and organizing monthly communication checks with the projects and sending the completed overview on which equipment was tested and the status, to the logco on the 5th of every month
- Ensure updating and upgrading activities in order to ensure that all the users and their equipments on the network are standardized with respect to virus protection, software, hardware and network configuration.
- Gives functional support on MSFH department specific software:
- MSF BooX
- Logistix 7.0
- Medical Data tool software
- Facilitates software migrations
- Participates in R&D activities of FSU ICT back office [mainly field testing of hard- and software and manuals and guidelines];
- Contributes to the Mission Logistics monthly reports on the online system (LRT)
- Perform any other related duty as assigned by the line manager
- At least 4 years in IT related jobs.
- Desirable experience in MSF.
- Desirable experience in administration and recovery of backups (MS, C&A, Veritas, etc.)
Languages:Proficient in English and Urdu. Good command of ICT English. Desirable: Command of any other relevant local language an asset
- Administration of Operational Systems
- MS Office 2003/2007/2010
- Microsoft Networks configuration and set up (network components –switch and routers-, Ethernet, wifi, Bluetooth)
- Protocols: TCP/IP, LAN, WAN
- Configuration and set up of networks: Desktops, Laptops
- Mail clients: Outlook
- Antivirus: Kaspersky
- Other: Remote Desktop Access
- Good organizational, interpersonal & communication skills;
- Patience and a supportive / facilitating attitude;
- An accurate way of working;
- Good management skills,
- Capacity to work in a multidisciplinary and international team.
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing work situation, in case of emergencies to work longer hours, extra days and to change duty station if necessary
- Commitment to humanitarian values as outlined in the MSF Charter