Provide outpatient and/or inpatient medical care to patients/beneficiaries according to adapted and updated medical knowledge, MSF protocols, values and universal hygiene standards to improve the patients/beneficiaries health conditions.
· Maintain a good relationship with MOH staff.
· Demonstrate courtesy toward the paediatric patients, their attendants, and the rest of the Medical team.
· Work in a closed relationship with the Medical Referent and Paediatrician concerning information exchange, suggestion and treatment advices.
· Accept the line of hierarchy to follow when different treatment or suggestion occur in the final medical decisions.
· Actively participate in all other project related activities giving input and suggestion for the overall improvement of the MSF project in Sadda Hospital.
· Be aware of and have a clear understanding of MSF’s charter, its guiding principles, core values, policies, guideline and protocols to be able to uphold them represent MSF as a neutral, impartial, independent, nonreligious, international private Medical Humanitarian Organization
Detail Tasks and Responsibilities:
· Assure that triage is functioned according to emergency criteria and the needs of the patients.
· Conduct out-patients Department (OPD) consultation.
· Apply medical knowledge and skills to diagnose and prevention. Carry out out-patient consultations, prescribing the necessary treatment respecting MSF protocols.
· Provide preventive measures such as health education and information to the attendants about patients’ illness and explaining the treatment and how to take it, assuring that the patient understood well.
· Ensure proper documentation on patient’s prescription.
· Make a provisional diagnosis based on medical history taking and systematic physical examination.
· Use available basic laboratory investigation only when necessary to support or confirm provisional diagnosis.
· Refer serious cases to the observation room for stabilization and possible admission or refer to the appropriate health facilities according to the referral guideline with after discussion with Medical Referent.
· Work in collaboration with the medical team and participating at the continuous training of the staff (nursing techniques, update of protocols…)
2. Observation room, IPD and NBU
· Apply medical knowledge and skills to diagnose and prevention. Carry out inpatient consultations, prescribing the necessary treatment respecting MSF protocols.
· Keep the patient and/or his/her family informed about the illness and provide appropriate explanations about the treatment to follow, checking they have understood.
· Follow up the evolution of the hospitalized/IDP patients, through daily visits , consultations and examinations, prescribing the necessary treatment following MSF protocols, deciding whether they can be discharged or transferred – in collaboration with Medical Referent and Paediatrician – and informing their family about the patient’s evolution.
· Check and control the rational distribution of medicines and equipment under his/her responsibility
· Ensure proper documentation of diagnosis, examinations, treatment plan and discharge plan.
· Conduct daily rounds at morning and evening and do proper hand over to the next doctor in charge.
3. Work place safety and hygiene
· Knows and ensures all MSF medical protocols are followed and implemented, checking universal precautions are followed at all times and reducing bio-hazard risks and improving infection control. Ensures professional confidentiality is respected.
- 4. OthersEnsure ongoing training of the medical/paramedical team in order to optimize the quality of care.
· Participate in the collection and analysis of epidemiological data, checking its validity and informing the line manager or project coordinator about any problem or complication of the patients illness, medical error and monitors the proper functioning of the department, equipment or material.
· Participate at the medical and the general meeting.
· Show flexibility to be rotate to other department or other project (ex; Alizai) and willing to participate in emergency response when needed.
· Respect duty hour and inform Medical Referent in case of delay