1. Attendance and involvement at work:
- Observe the MSF charter.
- Perform all activity in line with the MSF protocols and procedures.
- Respect the time schedule and be at work on time (flexible at anytime).
- Treat the patient with care and respect providing good quality care.
- Respect the patient privacy and strictly respect community culture, norms.
- Maintain good relationship with other team members.
- Adhere to MSF Clinical Guidelines and protocols.
- Inform direct supervisor in event of medical error.
2. Implementation of programmes
Providing technical expertise in the domains of gynaecology and obstetrics:
- Participating in the rounds carried out in the different hospital units: maternity department and IPD.
- Discussing particular cases with the health care team (decision to carry out a caesarean, specific treatments, etc.).
- Checking that medical protocols and prescriptions are followed by the health care personnel in accordance with MSF guidelines.
- Ensuring registers and health files are filled in correctly.
- In collaboration with midwife ensuring the quality of obstetrical care in Maternity department.
- Ensuring that the NBU staff is properly informed of interventions that are at high risk for new-borns complications
In Operation Theatre:
- Carrying out elective and emergency surgical interventions in accordance with MSF protocols.
- Carrying out the patients’ pre-operative consultations before they undergo surgery in collaboration with the anaesthetist
- Evaluating the risks of operating in collaboration with the anaesthesiologist.
- Monitoring the rational use of surgical material during interventions.
- Monitoring the application of hygiene protocols in theatre (decontamination, sterilisation, etc.).
- Checking that the register for the operating theatre is kept updated.
- Carrying out joint rounds in the IPD in collaboration with the anaesthetist.
- Guaranteeing the application of MSF protocols (ATB, dressing protocols, etc.) and the rational use of medicines.
- Participating in on-going personnel training (care techniques, updating protocols, etc.), including bedside teaching as well as formally organised sessions
- Participating to the weekly training session proposing and presenting topics.
- Participating in medical meetings, preparing case presentation weekly and when necessary.
- Helps in writing the sitrep and writing the challenges and also showing ways to manage them.
- Work in collaboration with all the staff, supervise and guide them.
Hiring will be done on a rolling basis, Qualified candidates will be contacted before the deadline.