MEDECINS SANS FRONTIERES (MSF) is a non-governmental medical humanitarian aid organization. MSF presently works in more than 60 countries providing assistance to population in distress, victims of natural or man-made disaster and victims of conflicts irrespective of religion, philosophy or political affiliation. Become part of this amazing organization and be of service to your community.
Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is inviting applications for this exciting position based in the DHQ at our project in Timergara, Lower Dir.
MSF offers many opportunities for medical professionals to learn, grow and advance their careers. A comprehensive package of benefits accompanies this vacancy.
Gynecologist - Female candidates only
- Supervision of clinical activities
- Rational prescription of medication according to MSF protocols and MSF essential drugs
- IM/IV administration of medicines should only occur when no oral alternative exists
Labor and Delivery room
- Triage the patients properly during labor as per MSF protocol and decide the management plan according to the priorities;
- Guarantee quality of care and follow up of patients in labor and during Pre and Post-partum period;
- Guarantee quality of initial care and follow up of new-borns with close collaboration of Newborn Unit;
- Conducts daily rounds in maternity ward with the MSF Expatriate Gynecologist;
- Perform complicated deliveries according to MSF standards;
- Recognize early danger signs during labor and ensure proper treatment.
- During emergencies, handle obstetrical and gynecological emergencies
Staff supervision and training
- Assist in training of nurses or LHV as well as MoH FMO’s according to MSF protocols to improve the general management in labor, delivery/ maternity ward, “On job” training and formal theoretical training
- Supervise the nurses/LHV's on proper use of partogram
- Hygiene / asepsis, waste disposal and stock keeping follow-up with the supervisors in maternity
- Respect the health waste management rules (sharps, combustible waste, and domestic waste) as per the protocols
- Follow cleaning and instrument sterilization procedures
- Respect universal hygiene and asepsis rules during routine medical management of the patients in MCH and also in operation theatre
- Use sterile techniques in delivery room during: delivery, stitch of tears, manual removal of placenta, MVA, pelvic examination in the presence of rupture membranes
Quality and continuity of care
- Respect the medical privacy for the patients, and guarantee confidentiality
- Respect dignity and the intimacy of patients. Assure a maximum of patients’ comfort
- Participate in the MCH meetings and maternal mortality reviews
- Respect MSF protocols and the mode of administering treatment
- Accepts to use all available resources (human, drugs/ materials, laboratory etc…) in a rational way and actively promote for MOH staff to do the same
- Work in close collaboration with expatriate supervisor