The Medical Doctor carries out hospital admissions in the maternity department and is
responsible for quality of medical care at Inpatient Department of MSF Women Hospital.
Attendance and Involvement at work:
- Observe the MSF charter.
- Perform all activity in line with the MSF protocols and procedures.
- Respect the time schedule and be at work on time (flexible at anytime).
- Treat the patient with care and respect providing good quality care.
- Respect the patient privacy and strictly respect community culture, norms.
- Maintain good relationship with other team members.
- Adhere to MSF Clinical Guidelines and protocols.
Hospital Admission/ Maternity Department:
- Carrying out the patients’ admissions according the MSF acceptance criteria and re-orientating the patients out of criteria.Carrying out detailed consultations of patients following MSF clinical protocols and noting observations on register.
- Taking patients history of the complicated patients
- Under supervision of national gynaecologist or expat gynaecologist: carrying out complicated procedures ,assisting operations ,managing serious patients .
- Providing patients with information on their health condition, explaining the treatments required and checking that patients have understood.
- Working in close collaboration with all other departments, ensuring the transfer of the patient to department, and knowing the status of every department
- Informing gynaecologist/surgeon or midwife about patients’ transfer within WH.
- Contacting gynaecologist/surgeon or midwife for consultation without delay in case of emergency.
- Good handovers to the coming shifts and very clear documentation and treatment.
- Respecting MSF Guidelines and Protocols for prescription of investigations and treatment if required.
Filling clearly diagnosis and treatment on the Hospitalization card, and taking the consent from the attendant’s after well explanation of the documents and need for the consent
Ensuring the upkeep of the Emergency Room and emergency equipment inside.
- Inpatient Department (Maternity, IPD, incl. ICU and Postnatal Ward)
- Carrying out the daily round in the Inpatient Department in collaboration with gynaecologist/surgeon, midwife and anaesthetist.
- Carrying out rounds including hand-over (including doctor of present shift and doctor of upcoming shift).
- Regular independent checking on critical patients under post-op care (during day- and nightshifts).
- Examining all the hospitalised patients.
- Prescribing the care and treatments required accordingly to MSF guidelines and clinical protocols and ensuring the correct application of prescriptions.
- Ensuring the rational use of medicines and right application and dosage according to MSF protocols.
- Filling in medication charts in patients’ files using MSF protocols.
- Informing the patients about their illness and explaining their treatment.
Keeping the hospitalization forms up to date by noting the details of examinations, entry and exit diagnosis and following the specialist consultations.
- Preparing all documentation for discharge and referral.
- Ensuring the proper handover to incoming colleagues about all the patients.
- Informing the direct supervisor in event of medical error.
- Collaboration with NBU team.
- New-born Care:
- Completes new-born assessment on each baby delivered in Women Hospital prior to discharge.
- Working in collaboration with the NBU department for admissions and full information about the patient condition and for their presence in the particular delivery.
- Recognizes abnormalities and/or deteriorating condition and notifies NBU medical officer on duty.
- Attends and participates in new-born resuscitation.
- Participating in on-going personnel training (care techniques, updating protocols, etc.)
- Participating to the weekly training session proposing and presenting topics.
- Participating in medical meetings, monthly and when necessary.
- Participating in the medical data collection