The Staff health / Medical liaison doctor will manage staff health for Peshawar employees and their beneficiaries as well as following up, analysing and reporting on all the referrals-out done from MSF Women’s Hospital to other health structures
Staff Health /Medical liaison doctor will liaise and strengthen collaboration with other MOH / BHU medical staff give support to the outreach team by solving medical complains raised by the patients and MOH staff concerning MSF hospital at the BHU level in the outreach activities.
1) Manage Staff Health
- Ensuring health support to the staff and their beneficiaries during working hours
- Implementing MSF National Staff Health Policy in collaboration with Med Co Assistant.
- Carrying out the medical interview and the health declaration form when a new staff is recruited, including briefing them on the Staff Health Policy, necessary vaccinations, and procedure in case of accident of exposure to blood.
- Instructing staff members on health care procedures, including the process of receiving medical assistance and procedure for sick leave approvals.
- Monitoring quality of care provided in the health structures validated by MSF.
- Checking the medical expenses (admission, investigation, drugs and consumables), and prescription of sick leaves, before any validation.
- Ensuring the clerical work/ administrative part of staff health (preparing document for payment to be submitted to the Admin department, correspondence with insurance company) in respect of medical confidentiality.
- Archiving medical documents in respect of medical confidentiality, and maintaining a simple patient medical history form for each staff and beneficiary
2) Follow up referrals activities
- Following up all referrals done by PWH in collaboration with hospital management team and liaise with hospitals, patients and attendants in a timely manner.
- Ensuring on-time communication with concerned MSF staff (Referral Focal Points, Radio Ops, etc.) about transfer of patients and necessary visits.
- Coordinating visits of patients whenever needed, including checking the health status of the patients and the investigations, diagnosis, and treatment planned or provided.
- Actively report to the MAM clinical director and Medical Referent of any update of referred-out patient conditions: informing immediately the hospital management team of non-admissions, medical errors, or security events.
- Updating and analysing the referral follow up database on a monthly basis and send detailed report to MAM clinical director,, Medical Referent and Project Coordinator.
- Monitoring the quality of care provided to patients in the health structures where MSF is referring them, and identifying new structures if needed with the support of hospital management team.
- Coordinating the administrative follow up of referrals including proper reimbursement for all referred patient, according to the administrative procedures,
- Archiving patient records
3. Medical Liaison
- Link between PWH and other MOH facilities. Participate in the meetings like the health clusters meetings, medical conferences and ongoing researches).
- Responsible of all medical issues related to the pre hospital referrals
- Support outreach team in community meetings in specific needs
- Proactive participation with the BHU staff ( increased referrals and improve relationship)
- Surveillance focal point for the project for epidemics/natural disasters.
- Preparing and submitting regular monthly report to Medref/PC
The responsibilities mentioned in this document are not exhaustive; other tasks can be requested from the employee by his person in charge. Profile of station perhaps modified according to the needs for the service or the project.
With the signature of this profile of station, the employee agrees to assume the responsibilities described by the present one.